Subaru EX vs. Honda GC vs. Honda GX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 123GO
Please look up the word "CLONE". WOW! Do you not understand the Honda carb fits on all these clones so no need to buy specific brands for any of them including a Subaru or Honda? Ignore the names on them there just stickers now.
Do at least a little bit of homework before spewing off at messengers...These are "exact" replicas of GX Honda so everything fits just get the part for the right engine size/CC.
Some do have different cc/bore size though but like aftermarket carb kits pistons are everywhere too.

Fuji Heavy Industries engines, now imported and supported in the USA by Subaru, previously imported by Robin Subaru, prior to that imported by Robin, prior to that imported by Wisconsin Robin, prior to that imported by Wisconsin, have a ton of different engine models. 99% of them are not Honda clones and can not use Honda clone parts. Only one model of engine is a Honda clone. So I would counter that a majority of their engines are not "exact replicas" as you claim.

And yes for the majority of Subaru engines, the parts are so expensive that they are many times not worth fixing. You can get a brand new engine from a different manufacturer for cheaper than parts many times. When customers bring me Subaru engines, they are made keenly aware of this and often times abandon the idea of fixing it.

For this reason, Honda engines are aeons better in my opinion. I wish Subaru had a better/cheaper parts distribution network in the USA, but they don't.

At the goKart tracks they ran the Subaru honda clone all the time and I know guys bought honda parts for them. Now what ever letters Subaru called them I dont know I didnt own one, but they were Subaru honda clones with honda parts on them either way just as I said.
As far as parts fitting? Well most honda GX parts dont fit a honda GS neither so they all make different style engines so whats your point?
When my boys were young, we ran the Harbor freight knock off greyhounds built by lifan. Guys in tents set there all day selling parts and anything that fit a GX Honda fit our Lifans. Very few racers spent the extra money just for the honda name. Usually their first engine to start with was a honda then knock offs after that because a greyhound lifan was just as fast and reliable for a fraction of the cost. Some people painted them with honda colors/decals just to feel better. They still won & lost races just the same..
So for this reason Lifans are eons better than Honda...Ask any gokart racer. When a $250 engine can run with a $600+ who's eons ahead then?

When your business and livelyhood depend on quality...thats when you pay for honda....if its doesnt then by all means..buy cheap/chonda and resign urself for probable buying more/another/repairs..its a [censored]....been there done that...just depends on the circumstances/application...everything has its place in life...

You do know theres alot of "chonda" parts inside your Honda,briggs anything else your running?
Your saying a craftsman wrench wont do the same job as a snap-on but It does everyday and theres not a mechanics toolbox without some in it. That does not mean a walmart wrench will do that job.

It just depends on what "Chonda" you buy. BTW: Kohler Command Pros are built by the company YinXiang Ltd. They are used on John Deere,Case IH,Husqvarna,Craftsman,Cub ect..products without issues. Doubt they would still be on them after 7yrs of doing so. Only people griping are ones who never owned one.

My 2006 Briggs has smoked on startup from day one and has always took several pulls to start. My "Chongda" engine I have now has "never" smoked and starts on "first" pull every time Ive ever used it. Not once have I pulled it twice to start even after assembeling my pressure washer out of the box..Started on very first pull I swear.
But keep spending your money. I have no problem with that but I thought in business you keep your prifit. Did you miss that in school?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back