Some polymer chemistry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another graphene post...

Pray tell how graphene is going to replace Viscosity Index Improvers....

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Does that mean that you're delcring a draw, Overkill?
I can live with that.

Yessir, I think we can both live with that
cheers3.gif

Graphene pretty much will replace or render obsolete a lot of stuff in oil added today because of its properties wich is world appart from graphite

It will? Why, and what will it do?

What are those properties that will displace a lot of stuff in oil added today?

Originally Posted By: yvon_la
Graphene pretty much will replace or render obsolete a lot of stuff in oil added today because of its properties wich is world appart from graphite

I've asked before, and I'll ask again: How is graphene going to survive the shearing forces in an internal combustion engine without immediately being transformed into graphite?

The precis looks pretty good MolaKule, can you spare a preview of the rest of the content ?

Originally Posted By: kschachn
It will? Why, and what will it do?

What are those properties that will displace a lot of stuff in oil added today?

yvon_la said:
[/quotehttp://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1369702113004574

One of the countless site.google graphene as lubricant in oil

You didn't answer my previous question on how it would replace the polymeric thickeners in oil...which of course IS the topic of discussion that you brought graphene into.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
The precis looks pretty good MolaKule, can you spare a preview of the rest of the content ?

I have ordered it and when it becomes available I will be able to give a summary.

It looked too interesting to pass up.
smile.gif

Does sound like some good guts...way better than the high temperature equilibrium equations that we had to do iteratively on paper last century.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back