Fram PH8A (5kmiles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off of a friend's 95' Toyota Land Cruiser ( 4.5L I6, 8 QT sump) with 190K miles.. Filter ran for 5k miles/5 months. No tears, ADV still pliable and pleats looks straight.

Looks good to me
smile.gif

No surprises here. Not my favorite orange can but they work. I actually prefer the PH3600 in applications that take the PH8A/PH16 if I'm going to run orange. The 3600 tends to have more, tighter spaced pleats.

Looks fine, thanks for cutting and posting!

Originally Posted By: Chris142
aint much paper in it. enough i suppose

Probably why Fram only rates it for use up to 5K miles.

Looks great. I like the Fram Extra Guards for an average oil filter. Thanks for cutting and posting the pictures.

Looks good! As mentioned not as much media as I would like but well built and no issues.

I have no problem with the design of the orange can.

Just curious, does the oil filter mount horizontally on your inline six. And if so do the initial start ups have the "dry" valve train noise till oil pressure builds up? In my Ford 4.9 inline engines they always did with the Fram orange, but that was years ago. Going back to Motorcraft oil filters solved that issue.

Whimsey

Originally Posted By: Whimsey
Just curious, does the oil filter mount horizontally on your inline six. And if so do the initial start ups have the "dry" valve train noise till oil pressure builds up? In my Ford 4.9 inline engines they always did with the Fram orange, but that was years ago. Going back to Motorcraft oil filters solved that issue.

Whimsey

yes, the filter mounts horizontally. Never had start up noise with this filter.

Many reasons that could happen beyond the adv leaking. We regularly test production filters for leak rate and they always exceed OE specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back