Castrol GTX vs PYB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MuzzleFlash40
Yeah, I might have been a little angry if he got of my motorcraft filters, lol...... I'll only use frams in a pinch

I agree. No one is permitted to touch my Motorcraft filters. Actually, a number of years ago, my dad gave our old 1974 GMC with a 454 to his friend's kid. We had the heated garage, so the kid came to change oil right there when he picked it up. He wanted to put a Fram on it. My dad confiscated it and threw it into the garbage, grabbing an AC Delco from the shelf for him to use, instead. My dad always used a good conventional, and there were very few he disapproved of, but don't bring a Fram into the garage.

I used GTX at the time with confidence. Dad used QS, and I wasn't permitted to use the QS fleet oil, so I bought GTX to differentiate my stash from his. I used it for about 250,000 km in the LTD with no problems.

Originally Posted By: lexus114
JMO, my finicky V-6 3.3 seems to run better on the GTX over the PYB.
21.gif

UOA's on my Maxima reflect better wear numbers with GTX over PYB. I must say that with all the oils I have used none of them made the car run better or worse than any other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back