Is Pennzoil Syn Blend As Good As The Yellow Bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: KitaCam
Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
im sure there are some syn blends that are not as good as the ones that are marketed as dino.

??????????????????????

Thinking add pack is not as "strong" as those blends..

I know I'd run PYB/QSAD before I'd run something "blend" from some of the smaller blenders mentioned in the posts above me.

Not that they are bad oils be any means....but I think I'd get my money's worth out of the dinos mentioned...

Originally Posted By: KitaCam
Certifications are minimum standards and say nothing about products that exceed them....Perhaps a quality dino might exceed a cheap blend based on the ad-pack, but I wouldn't expect "brand-name" blend to be less capable than a conventional...but...

There is the consideration you must give to the conventional's ad-pack that may have specific cababilities (e.g. HM sealants) than the blend without that ad-pack.

Sorry, saw you mentioned what I quoted...not enough time to edit.

Getting back to the topic, I think that is why I really like the idea of Pennzoil's blend....you get a good taste of both PYB and PP...both solid oils...

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: boundarylayer
Wrong. Dexos1 oil is always SN/GF-5 as a baseline, all three specs exist together for all oils.

Umm, no. There is a thread here that shows certain differences, and I don't think I've ever come across the claim that they were the same before.

As for the conspiracy theory that conventional could meet dexos1 but no one is trying because they want to sell their synthetics and blends, I'm skeptical. SOPUS may not want to. XOM wouldn't, either. But surely, someone would want the opportunity to take a bite out of Pennzoil's lead in conventional sales, and a dexos1 rated conventional would be a useful tool in that regard.

I don't think anybody said they were the same. dexos1 just piles a bunch more tests on top of SN-GF5. There aren't any oils out there that are dexos1 that aren't also SN-GF5 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back