Brake Shoes -- better grip than Wagner TQ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: meep
those rotors are freakin beautiful. I completely agree with choice of slotted while avoiding drilled. coincidentally, the raybestos rotors I have purchased are slotted as well. it's the at-300. the slotted rotors + proACT pads made a huge difference in my wife's mdx.... much "deeper" pedal--- you'd swear after that brake job that the car could do an "endo" on the front. The brakes don't run out of breath as pressure increases.... they just continue to bite more and more. I've never panic-tested them--- they are that strong. I *know* they will out-brake the tires.

Meep,
Not sure the part # for yours. I have a set SP performance slotted for my '03 Sequoia. I got them WAY back when Tundrasolutions had a group buy going. I loved them with the Hawk LTS pads. Huge improvement in brake feel stopping power. If you read on raceshopper it says that the slotted may cause a slight "whirrrr" under heavy braking. At 6000lbs and wife with heavy foot, every braking is hard braking. The noise drove her nuts. I was OK with the whirrrr from the brakes but the WHINING noise from her was just way too much.

There sitting in a box, have about 2k miles on them. Pay for shipping from NY and you can have them if they fit. Currently I run stock rotors and Hawk LTS which is much better than the carquest premium pads the shop put on last time. They $UCKED and you just never got that bite that the Hawks provide.

Part number on the box is T52-267 slotted

Ken2, Sequoiasoon,

Thank you both. Sequoiasoon - I will think about your rotor offer.. are they front or rear?

I was able to ~8 clicks on each rear wheel, which is about 1/3 turn maybe? It seems to have helped a small amount.

New pads and rotors up front has made a difference, they don't fade like the others did in a normal stop. Unfortunately, there has been immediate "shudder" with the new hardware, and I found a crack along the entire face of the new rotor surface, as straight as an arrow. It was hidden beneath the zinc paint it ships with. there was also some debris... like a metal shaving, pressed into the face of the rotor, and with 2-days of pad wear you can see some distortion in the face around the defect. this is where mail-order blows... waiting on cross shipping for replacement parts...

Originally Posted By: meep
Ken2, Sequoiasoon,

Thank you both. Sequoiasoon - I will think about your rotor offer.. are they front or rear?

I was able to ~8 clicks on each rear wheel, which is about 1/3 turn maybe? It seems to have helped a small amount.

Rotors are fronts only. (I just got from UPS today my new slotted/drilled SP performance rotors from raceshopper / bestbrakes.com, Hawk HPS front pads, SP street plus for rear (hawk doesn't make rears for my Sonata).

I remember many threads probably from Tundrasolutions and others with regard to frequent parking brake use and backing up to move the self adjusters. Not sure which models exactly but I know my old Corolla needed some SERIOUS cleaning and lube of star wheels until that worked normal.

UPDATE---

The fronts are finally resolved. Following advice in this post the rear adjustment has helped also. Both auto-adjusters were doing their job but manual tightening got them out a bit more. I will do another manual adjustment on them after a few hundred miles and them leave them alone for a while.

I still plan to adjust the trailer brakes, as suggested above. I'm feeling a lot better about all of it. Thank you!

-m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back