SOPUS fuel redemption prgm will turn some ppl off

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
I understand what a great deal the fuel redemption program is but when every single jug in every store within a 5 mile radius is open, using Pennzoil will turn some people off. At least the QS jugs were mostly intact.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Flareside302
Wemay.. You realize you've had 3 different "next" oils in your Sig today...

Lol, yes. I bought two of the brands.
whistle.gif

i stay away from sofus only because the jugs are easy to open im always afraid someone will put used oil or lower quality oil in.
i like the silver seal that mobil uses and mobil is cheaper around here anyway...at the shop we use bulk

I like the silver seal as well. Which is why when buying oil, I make sure the bottles haven't been opened before I purchase them.

I just give the jugs a twist. If the seal is intact I buy. If not, I move on to the next jug. Very simple.

I also open the boxes of oil filters too in order to make sure it's new and is the correct one.

mobil has the silver seal and they have a great oil at a good price sometimes.
My last mobil 5000 was in the $12.00 range that sealed the deal my bulk is still cheaper but i spilled oil in my new suv and my wifes car twice if my shop had more room i would change my oil there

I finally threw my dang card in the trash. Got tired of all the hassles trying to use it..constantly getting denied at stations that supposedly take it.
Made me quit buying their oil too....

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
That's why they stopped the fuel rewards program
frown.gif

No, it was a promotion with an "end date." It's printed clearly in the fine print.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
well most stations around here dont want to accept them anyway

Some stations accept them, some do not. You have to check the web site.

Originally Posted By: CELICA_XX

Some stations accept them, some do not. You have to check the web site.

Website is frequently WRONG making it even more of a PITA.

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
That's why they stopped the fuel rewards program
frown.gif

Not as of the code I entered yesterday they haven't....

Originally Posted By: Vstrom
I finally threw my dang card in the trash. Got tired of all the hassles trying to use it..constantly getting denied at stations that supposedly take it.
Made me quit buying their oil too....

Well, now this has been a bit problematic for me. I had a plan on using all my fuel rewards to fund an entire 3000+ roadtrip to California in the Jeep. The problem was, not all the stations participate. Really ticked me off the first time I arrived at a Shell station bone dry, ready for 20 gallons at $0.50/gal and they don't participate.

My solution for the roadtrip was to call ahead, and just ask if they participated. This worked fine, every place that participates, the card works fine, everytime for me. Utah, Nevada, California and Oregon. And obviously at home in Colorado as well.

Plan on getting $4/gal off this evening when I use up some of the leftover rewards from that trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back