Cut open pure one 14477

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here it is. About 75 hrs on air cooled 17hp kawasaki v-twin. Super tech 10w30. 3 months in service. Looks pretty good, I pulled it because I was afraid of a tear, looks like I was ok after all. Enjoy!
image_zpsd1b6e6a2.jpg

image_zps789fc8b6.jpg

image_zpse709ccc7.jpg

image_zpsc6856b7c.jpg

image_zps192e0672.jpg

Btw I used an angle grinder and went around the lip and it came off easily.
The gasket were nice and pliable not stiff at all. Very pleased.
Filter # f03d19e2

benefits of these filters?
Everyones changing their oil or filters and cutting them open which = more pictures for the rest of us

Wowie-o-WOW, the BITOG anti-Purolator Gestapo will be coming for your forum membership shortly. Be sure to have your card ready. You do have it, right?

Originally Posted By: telecat
Wowie-o-WOW, the BITOG anti-Purolator Gestapo will be coming for your forum membership shortly. Be sure to have your card ready. You do have it, right?

Just another data point. Who peed in your Cheerios, anyway?

Originally Posted By: 4wheeldog
Originally Posted By: telecat

Just another data point. Who peed in your Cheerios, anyway?

Just a grumpy old drama queen ... who loves yellow Cherrios.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Texan4Life
Originally Posted By: hatt
Purolater makes one heck of a small engine filter.
35.gif

oh snap

28.gif

LOL. I posted an almost identical thread a few months ago. It's looking like Purolaters and small engines work well together. Cars are sketchy.

L14477 Cut Open

Originally Posted By: Provi
That is due to the lack of oil volume they see.
I have to agree on that also...we do alot of OPE with the typical ph3614/51348 3/4-16 size and the ph6607/51365 20×1.5 size and have yet to find one with media issues....granted the air cooled stuff may run hotter..lotsa constant rpm and who knows when the oil/filter is gonna get changed..but i agree the lack of oil flow/volume makes the filters have a fairly easy life...and the cheap filters work fine too
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Just a grumpy old drama queen ... who loves yellow Cherrios.
grin.gif

Nice ad hominem. You've not refuted a single point I've made so while I may be grumpy, you appear to be the drama queen, Zee BOY.

LOL ... yeah, sure. Anyone can go look at your posts and see all this crazy "gestapo this and gestapo" that jabber. Seems a bit too dramatic and over the top. Why do you think 4wheeldog posted what he did ... he knows drama when he sees it. Carry on, it's just you being you.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
LOL ... yeah, sure. Anyone can go look at your posts and see all this crazy "gestapo this and gestapo" that jabber. Seems a bit too dramatic and over the top. Why do you think 4wheeldog posted what he did ... he knows drama when he sees it. Carry on, it's just you being you.
grin.gif

Welcome to the bozo bin, boy.

Last edited:
Apparently you know more about the "bozo bin" than I do, and you really seem to help make it what it is. Thanks a lot for that.
whistle.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back