F1 Comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
It dawned on me that the name Hamilton is spoken more times than all the other drivers names combined. I know he is a good driver and the announcers are Brits, but enough is enough. My wife was reading a book while I was watching the race and she even commented that all she heard was "Hamilton".
Between the PC power package, the always suspect tires, and the all Hamilton all the time broadcast I'm loosing interest in F1...seems to be as contrived as NASCAR.
I always thought the idea of racing was to go fast and most other aspects came secondary. The Prius application to F1 just seems to be so wrong for what is suppose to be the elite of motorsports.
YMMV

Smoky

When you start from pitt road in one race and 21st in another, and still podium... your name can be mentioned as much as the program likes. Marvelous driving by Lewis, IMO.

Originally Posted By: wemay
When you start from pitt road in one race and 21st in another, and still podium... your name can be mentioned as much as the program likes. Marvelous driving by Lewis, IMO.

This +1 you will not see that every week lucky to see it once a year.

What's contrived? The race I saw today was as good as any I've ever seen. Why are the PUs always compared to a Prius? Why not compare them to the hybrid systems being used by Porsche, Acura, Ferrari, or McLaren? When are the cars not going as fast as they can?
Hamilton has had 2 great races in a row. It's hard not to mention him.

Agree with these comments. Engine fire during quali, starting from the pit, spinning in the rain on the first lap or two, and then coming back to take 2nd on the podium, HAMILTON HAMILTON HAMILTON!

Kind of like watching the Tour de France 2000-2005 and hearing nothing but "the man with only 1 nut, Lance, Lance, Lance, in the lead again". I guess you don't need 2 nuts to win, just PEDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back