Advance Auto $9.99 Mobil1 ATF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just get the creeps walking into Advance to purchase without a code..feel like everything is marked too high to compensate for the online discounts.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Buy it online and get a small stash, use coupon code TRT41 to save $40 off $100 so you can get 10 quarts for $60.

Or check here for smaller codes like 35% off $50

http://m.ultimatecoupons.com/coupons/advance_auto_parts_coupons.htm

You might even catch some 50 off 100 codes but limited to a number of uses.

http://www.dealigg.com/story-Advance-Auto-Parts-Coupons-Advance-Auto-Parts-Coupon-Code

I tried recently to use a coupon code on ATF and it wouldn't let me.

OP, don't know if you have a Meijer by you, but my local store had it for 7.49 today.

Why buy the old outdated M1 when you can get Maxlife and other newer LV synthetic ATF's for half that price or less?

M1 ATF still hasn't been updated to the new Dex6/WS/DW1 low-viscosity specs!

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
Why buy the old outdated M1 when you can get Maxlife and other newer LV synthetic ATF's for half that price or less?

At the retail level, $10 is about the best price you will get for M1 ATF.

$8.07 + tax at Meijer in my area. Sometimes mPerks (e.g. $5 coupon when you buy $25 in automotive) sweetens the deal.

Last edited:
I, for one, hope Mobil 1 doesn't change the M1 ATF for a while. Our family has a 2001 Isuzu Trooper with 153,000 miles and it uses Dexron III, a 1994 Isuzu Rodeo with 148,000 miles and it calls for Dex III.

With our vehicles as old as they are and with the mileage they have on them, I'm not sure if I want to use a thinner viscosity atf in them.

To the OP, our local Meijer has it for a few cents more than 8 dollars, that is the best I have seen, with the exception of AutoZone when they were clearing it out and had it on clearance.

M1 is a great ATF and you definitely pay for it. Nothing outdated about it.

Not everyone needs or wants the lowervisc ATFs.

Our dad has a 2006 Tundra. He lets me do the maintenance since I love working on our cars. I use the turkey baster method and have been using the Mobil 1 atf in the power steering. It has been great.

Originally Posted By: dblshock
I want to use it as P/S fluid in the '06 Toyota

Last edited:
I tried using the code for it and it wouldn't allow it. If the code doesn't work for you try Wal-Mart.

Toyota asks for DEX II or III and I'll be mixing with the existing.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I tried using the code for it and it wouldn't allow it. If the code doesn't work for you try Wal-Mart.

Wal-Mart here didn't carry it, was there the other day..neither does Farm Fleet or Menard which really suprised me.

Mobil 1 ATF is great for non-boutique priced atf. For power steering Redline PS FTW. I used to use Valvoline Synpower PS for a flush before basting and replacing and had great results.

I like that they haven't updated their formula, since we have Maxlife if we want low vis, the Mobil 1 represents a sweet spot for older vehicles that need the higher visc.

Originally Posted By: tig1
At the retail level, $10 is about the best price you will get for M1 ATF.

You can regularly find Maxlife for under $5 like at Walmart and Autozone. And it's a better ATF that meets more specs.

In regards to replies like these:

Toyota asks for DEX II or III and I'll be mixing with the existing.

got to be DEX II or III for Toyota.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
I like that they haven't updated their formula, since we have Maxlife if we want low vis, the Mobil 1 represents a sweet spot for older vehicles that need the higher visc.

I use Maxlife in my 96 ES300, which originally called for Dex3.

However, Dex6 and Toyota's T-IV and WS are perfectly backwards-compatible with II and III.

And remember, the new low-vis ATF's are more shear stable. The starting visc is lower, but the ending viscosity is the same.

Maxlife is designed especially with high mileage in mind. That's the whole point of the Maxlife brand!

The price of M1 is dangerously close to botique fluids like Redline and Amsoil while not being as good as them, and definitely not worth twice as much as Maxlife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back