Purolator L30257 ( 6500 miles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks great to me. Guess I can use my L10111s (which have not shown up once on BITOG with tears) I have in the shed, after all.

Good.

Originally Posted By: telecat
Looks great to me. Guess I can use my L10111s (which have not shown up once on BITOG with tears) I have in the shed, after all.

Good.

A 10111 PureOne I cut open had tears in it. I'll be cutting the one on my Firebird open soon, too.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe

Good.

A 10111 PureOne I cut open had tears in it. I'll be cutting the one on my Firebird open soon, too.
That's not a classic. I'll cut open the one on my S10 at 3k (my normal OCI with 5W30 DINO HM oil) and report back, but even that will be nothing more than anecdotal. All the reports on BITOG, combined, are nothing more than anecdotal reports, there has been no controlled study and given the outrageously long OCI and OFI I've read about on BITOG, I am completely unsurprised.

20K OCI/OFI? I'm sorry, that's just stupid and those who do that are stupid.

There,I said it.

Last edited:

Good.

That's not a classic. I'll cut open the one on my S10 at 3k (my normal OCI with 5W30 DINO HM oil) and report back, but even that will be nothing more than anecdotal. All the reports on BITOG, combined, are nothing more than anecdotal reports, there has been no controlled study and given the outrageously long OCI and OFI I've read about on BITOG, I am completely unsurprised.

20K OCI/OFI? I'm sorry, that's just stupid and those who do that are stupid.

There,I said it.

The PureONE I ran was only on the car for somewhere between 4,500-5,000 miles. I'll only be running the Classic for around 1,000 miles. There have been plenty cut open that had less than 5,000 miles on them with tears, just FYI.

The PureONE I ran was only on the car for somewhere between 4,500-5,000 miles. I'll only be running the Classic for around 1,000 miles. There have been plenty cut open that had less than 5,000 miles on them with tears, just FYI.
Not with my model number. BTW, IMO, 5K is 2000 miles too long for an OCI.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Tony10s
I agree with telecat that 20K OCI/FCI is not a good idea.
Careful, if you agree with me you'll be labeled a troll because you don't agree with the kool kidz.

Who here has said that 20K OCIs was a good thing to do?
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
smirk2.gif

Lots of people. Your'e a proponent of extending intervals as long as possible, yourself.

smirk2.gif

Lots of people. Your'e a proponent of extending intervals as long as possible, yourself.

Your obviously can't comprehend English very well ... the only thing you do well is troll while being a drama queen.
smirk2.gif

Go find one quote where I said 20K OCIs are a good thing.

Your obviously can't comprehend English very well ... the only thing you do well is troll while being a drama queen.
smirk2.gif

Go find one quote where I said 20K OCIs are a good thing.
smirk2.gif

Last edited:
^^^ Troller extraordinaire. It's the only thing you know how to do around here. Whenever someone starts resorting to pointing out spelling or grammar errors you know they are completely spent, and totally worthless on the chat board.
grin.gif

Not with my model number. BTW, IMO, 5K is 2000 miles too long for an OCI.
3K OCI is probably a good idea when using dual bypass filters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back