Power Bastar. Alternators

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine something like that would be ok until you have the need to draw that amount of current.Then they would overheat and the solder joints would come apart.

I think any company that has to name themselves after profane gimmickry is limiting their market, and as such, will have limited R&D to make a decent product.

I find lots of mixed reviews about them, some people are getting good results but seem very upset when they die after 2-3 years, which could happen with a stock alternator on a stock setup, let alone a high output alterntor on a high draw custom setup.

I think if I was going to spend that much coin on an Alternator, I would spend a bit more and go with a Balmar:

Blue water sailors depend on these, a little more than an inconvenience if they fail in the middle of the ocean.

http://www.balmar.net/aa-at-layout.html

Curious as to what you need to power.

Most every vehicular charging system can be made better with fatter wiring between alternator and battery, including grounds. Too many people upgrade the alternator and leave the the 6 or 8 awg cabling in place which acts like an electrical bottleneck.

901, which car is this for? In many cases another model from say your Buick and your Ford you can swap alternators as long as the case clock position and plug is the same. I had a 94 Ranger that came with a 95 amp unit. I wanted a stronger alternator to run an amp and off road equipment. I found an E350 diesel 130 amp unit fit like a glove. Just had to put a larger fuseable link in.
Worked great even after I sold it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back