post your latest transmission lubricant change.

Originally Posted By: Stang40
2006 Mustang 4.0 A/T
D&F Pennzoil synthetic ATF
Approx 3-4 quarts

Hey Stang,I sent you a pm about the AT change. Is it a DIY-able tranny,or does it have one of those weird drain/fill combo plugs that has to be done with a fluid exchange machine that the dealerships have?

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack

MT-82 6 speed manual

Out: Motorcraft Dual Clutch Fluid
In: Amsoil Synchromesh

It shifted better with the Amsoil, but now I am waiting my turn at work to get a new transmission assembly. New trans, made in China, but at least it is under warranty.

2005 Pontiac Sunfire, 4T40-E, 93K miles.

Out - Factory fill
In - Valvoline Max Life, 7 quarts w. AC Delco filter.

Tran pan, factory magnet, and the inside of the transmission case that I could see were spotless. Pan took a quick rinse in solvent and back into the car. Noted no shift difference. I'm impressed with the fluid GM used for this vehicle based on observation alone.

2012 Honda Civic:

-2x Drain/Fill Mag 1 LV Syn ATF(~5 qts)
-8 oz. LG Red

26,802 miles. I did 1 D/F at 10K with Amsoil prior to this. Fluid came out looking good, medium red color. Shift engagement feels smoother now. I'm happy with this combo.

2011 Buick Regal, 2.4 NA engine, 6-speed AT

Out: Dexron VI as preventative maintenance at 49000 miles (manual calls for change at 50K)

In: Same. No filter, and while the manual says 8.9 quarts of fluid, that's only for a full rebuild. 6 quarts back in.

Car shifts exactly as before, which is to say, just fine.

2012 Subaru Impreza CVT.

4 drain and fills over a 5K mile period.

Out: Subaru CVTF (25K miles on fluid, came out gray instead of the blue color that it went in as.)

In: AMSOIL CVTF (Took a sample at 17K miles and it is still the original color and clarity.)

Feels smoother on hills but other than that there is no difference in driveability. AMSOIL was $5 cheaper per quart than OEM Subaru CVTF.

2002 Accord V6

Out: No idea, probably Honda Genuine Z1
In: Honda Genuine DW-1

Drain and fill three times to ensure all old fluid is removed. Shifting is a ton smoother and the torque converter isn't mush anymore.

Yesterday on the Fusion:

OUT: Mercon LV (OEM)/Redline D6 mix. It is still shocking how much the LV browns over short periods of time.

IN: 5 qts of Redline D6.

Should be good for a couple years now.

2000 Acura 3.2 TL, 185K miles
Out: ~2.6 qts ATF (mix of CAM2 Full Synthetic, M1, Amsoil)
In: ~2.6 qts CAM2 Full Synthetic ATF w/ ~1 oz. LubeGard red

M5od in the Rat,A 5 spd MT. that specs Mercon. Drained and filled back in 2/12 store brand Mercon. It had 126 K on it I have topped it off in 4k miles.

2003 Sable 4F50N with 83k miles. 6.5 qts Motorcraft Mercon V extracted through ATF dipstick tube. Refilled with 5 quarts Pennzoil Multi Vehicle and 1.5 quarts Valvoline Mercon V.

Previous change was a full exchange at 66k miles. I sent off for a UOA and will set my future changes based on that, but am planning drain and fills every 10k miles or so vs Ford recommended 30k miles for a full exchange.

blue bottle valvoline dex/merc to break in a t56 magnum 6 speed. seems to work fine, 5th gear is a little tricky to find but i don't think the fluid is to blame. amsoil atf will be going in it next.

2010 Toyota Highlander with the Aisin U760E - 97,000 miles on factory-fill WS fluid. I started having some torque converter shudder.

Out - 11 quarts (roughly 2 at a time) of purple/gray opaque WS fluid through the trans cooler line.

In - 11.5 quarts (pumped in 2 quarts at a time through the fill port) Valvoline Maxlife Dex/Merc until fluid was a nice clear red.

Checked level and drained off nearly one quart of fluid to spec. Shifts fine now - no shudder.

In 40,000 or so miles, will do again with a pan drop and filter change.

1992 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Station Wagon 5.7/700R4

144K on odometer
67K on rebuilt transmission

OUT - Unknown Trans Fluid

IN - Valvoline Max Life Full Synthetic ATF

Back