Dodge Hellcat acceleration times released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is news but might be old news

https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/...-132743182.html

11.2 quarter mile
0-60
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/07/707hp-2015-dodge-challenger-srt-hellcat.html?m=1

How fast? How about a National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) certified quarter-mile time of 11.2 seconds at 125mph (201km/h) with stock Pirelli P275/40ZR20 P Zero tires, which drops to just 10.8 seconds at 126mph (203km/h) with drag radials?

Untitled-2.jpg

Anyone heard what the price will be? That's the one thing being kept hush-hush.

xtell

Originally Posted By: dave1251
That is it? I can go faster than that on a mountain bike.

FIAT better step up!

Too true! But I read elsewhere that there are issues with too much wheelspin in the 1/4. As mentioned, put some drag slicks on there and bet the time would go down.

Originally Posted By: Kuato

FIAT better step up!

Too true! But I read elsewhere that there are issues with too much wheelspin in the 1/4. As mentioned, put some drag slicks on there and bet the time would go down.

Even with drag radials the car is severely traction limited.

Look at the trap speed. It's much less affected by the driver's skill level...

Originally Posted By: xtell

xtell

The price has been reported at 60k and at 59k, the difference is likely destination charges, etc. But for a while these will sell well OVER sticker price as stealerships gouge clients...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

FIAT better step up!

It seems the 11.2 is actually over performing for its trap speed though? Lots of cars on that list that should hook up better have the same ET with higher trap speeds?

We were running 129-131MPH depending on weather and that was about 10.20-10.40, so they are not far off when drag radials get put on.

60K? That's it? Still a lot of money, but seems like a bargain compared to other super high horsepower cars.

xtell

The price has been reported at 60k and at 59k, the difference is likely destination charges, etc. But for a while these will sell well OVER sticker price as stealerships gouge clients...

It's not gouging. Buyers always set the price. If buyers feel it's worth the premium, they'll pay it. If not, they won't.

Originally Posted By: whip

xtell

It's not gouging. Buyers always set the price. If buyers feel it's worth the premium, they'll pay it. If not, they won't.

And it should be noted they are HOT sellers, the stealers fight over allocation...

FIAT better step up!

The intention of this comment was meant as a joke. This is crazy performance for a car that is under 100K too bad this is still out of my budget.

The Hellcat charger may be my next kid hauler. A charger wouldn't be my first choice, but they drive well in current trim levels. 700hp and massive brakes would make it that much better. And Uconnect.

FIAT better step up!

Yes, someone with skill, and M/T drag radials, in great 'air', on a prepped track, will put this beast into the mid-low 10s.

Maybe even quicker than that with skinnies on the front, full on drag slicks, and a little suspension work (i.e.; removed front sway bar, etc.).
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
I would still take the C7 Stingray over this cat any day of the week.

There is something to be said about a real back seat and trunk though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back