Valvoline 0w-20, thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I'm so impressed with Maxlife ATF I'm sometimes tempted to try their oil. I jsut grabbed another 3 gallons of Maxlife ATF and will be using it in my E150 when I get around to changing the clutch.

Their oil seem to do well in UOA's. My problem is there's really no more room for me to store more oil.

I'm also very impressed with Maxlife.....it's working great in my Elantra.
I don't think I would use it in a Dex VI application even though Valvoline claims it will work but for just about anything else it seems great...T-IV, SP-III, Honda Z-1, Mercon etc...

Originally Posted By: Oil Changer
Those numbers show why they are not talked about. I usually show this clip in these threads:

Ha.

Awesome.

I used Valvoline 0w20 in my 05 Odyssey and it ran ok I guess. I then switched to Mobil1 0w20 AFE and immediately saw a 1 mpg increase in all highway driving. Was doing some consistent long-tripping at the time. I have now switched to Mobil1 0w20 EP and have had two tanks of 2 mpg better still!

In the area of opinions, I believe the MRV # is NOT a typo at all.

Last edited:
I can understand how some people believe that the actions of the populace is completely influenced by the fictional "elite".

Some post's here read just like a commercial rather than plausible scientific research and data.

It doesn't invalidate my statement.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: wemay
Oil Changer, I must admit, this was predictable from you.
frown.gif

When you admitted that you overextended your transmission's factory recommended OCI and made numerous contradictory statements on your thread you have invalidated your case against Valvoline not the least was your statement that GM did a teardown of your transmission and yet you have not provided proof of GM's findings.

Way Better! The transmission was sent to GM's Powertrain Division. Part of the joy of me living so close to GM's world headquarters. After complete step-by-step teardown, careful measurement, and fluid analysis by GM's top drivetrain engineers, including some of the original members of the 4L60 design team, it was concluded that MaxJunk was the cause of the failure. Proof enough?

Just admit your fallacy and move on. You can chose not to use Valvoline products again and not to endorse the use of their products. You do not have to continue an illogical campaign.

Originally Posted By: disneyfire
Just stick with Castrol or Royal Purple. Two of the very best. Period

I find this interesting. Two companies that can not even control the production of the additives and base stocks used to blend their respective products are the best period.

How is this?

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I'm so impressed with Maxlife ATF I'm sometimes tempted to try their oil. I jsut grabbed another 3 gallons of Maxlife ATF and will be using it in my E150 when I get around to changing the clutch.

Their oil seem to do well in UOA's. My problem is there's really no more room for me to store more oil.

16.27 at wally world yesterday for 5 quarts of ML. Such a deal...

...got to watching the WRC and saw the Hyundai i20 sporting the SHELL logo all over the car, couldnt resist SOPUS after that.

specImg.jpg

Yes, the current crop of WRC cars are very cool looking, especially in tarmac trim.
thumbsup2.gif
smile.gif
19.gif

Give me a few more months and I'll have a one year oci sampled and post it alongside the voa from last year. I'm guessing it'll be a 6k-7k mile oci.

I'm not a shill for synpower as I bought it with a fram ultra in a decent priced package deal that I thought was fair. That said, I'm quite happy with it. Over the last eight (almost nine) months I'm averaging 4/10 better mpg compared to the last oci using qsud 5w20 (and current oci has seen much tougher weather).

The engine has a pretty cool growl with the synpower...much to my personal liking. With qsud, it was ultra quiet and smooth for about 2k-3k but it became a bit coarse over time.

Again, will be posting side by side voa/uoa on my annual oci to see how it held up (tbn/tan) including a nasty winter. I may leave it in beyond that if it looks good.

Thanks dustyroads, looking forward to it. BTW, your name reminds me of the Atomic Elbow, Dusty Rhodes... lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back