2014 Ford Falcon revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The XR6 and XR8, the performance models of the new FH Falcon range were revealed yesterday and should hit Australian showrooms by November!

XR8 with a 5.0 supercharged V8 ~450+bhp

XR6 with a 4.0 I6 ~300+bhp, XR6T also available which will add a turbo and around 100bhp

Luxury models will also be available with the I6 (G6E) and turbocharged I6 (G6ET), and base models will come with the I6, and also the 2.0 I4 EcoBoost as an option at no extra cost.
The I6 will also come in LPG format called the EcoLPI

Starting price should be just above $30,000 and topping out around $50,000+ for the XR8 and G6ET models

Will they offer a dual-clutch transmission (so you can duel with the dealer service department?)
crazy.gif

Thats a nice looking little car. Looks like a cross between the Fusion and the Mitsubishi Lancer. That is also a ridiculous price.

Originally Posted By: 19jacobob93

Starting price should be just above $30,000 and topping out around $50,000+ for the XR8 and G6ET models

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Thats a nice looking little car. Looks like a cross between the Fusion and the Mitsubishi Lancer. That is also a ridiculous price.

actually it's Not far out of Line with the Chevy/Holden Caprice PPV/SS/Commodore

Edmuds.com Chevy SS Pricing

With the I6 and 5.0 engines, it pretty much has to be RWD, which is traditional with the Falcon anyway. I don't think either of those engines would fit in a FWD platform.

Nice looking car. Much better looking than the Fusion IMO, and a better execution of the "family grille."

I wish Ford would experiment with selling a RWD performance sedan in the US again. Right now they are just leaving that market entirely to Chrysler and GM.

This car would make a really good platform for a Lincoln ATS fighter, but I bet the odds of that happening are none.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Wonder why nothing like this is sold in the US.

Because if a Taurus SHO sits on the lot long enough, maybe someone will buy it? Who knows.

I don't think I have ever seen a current gen SHO in person.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
I don't think I have ever seen a current gen SHO in person.

They`re beautiful! Only wish they were RWD.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Wonder why nothing like this is sold in the US.

+1. That's a fine looking car with some interesting power train options. I like..

2016/17 is Ford/Holden cessation of manufacturing...after that, don't expect to see front engine RWD in Oz...they are trying to sell us on the Malibu.

Fact is there is a notable market in the USA for RWD sedans like this, and NO ONE has chosen to fill that niche, a lost opportunity.

It's too bad Ford doesn't just bring that design to the USA and replace the [censored] current Taurus with it. The Taurus has been a dud since the early 2000s. They should have just produced the Falcon here in the US at that point. When you factor in labor costs in the USA that car would have been competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back