Wet floor under passenger mat, but no smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
and it tastes like chicken.

seriously though. 90 Volvo 740 with B234F engine. Wetness under passenger mat, but smells like water, no hint of antifreeze. Rubbed my hand over the carpet and smelled me fangers to make sure. If it is the heater core, the cost of the repair will exceed the value of the car. I need a jb weld solution. What do you think of Blue Devil Sealer ?

OK, you want to add some additive when you have no idea where the leak is coming from? WTH, you just got done saying it doesn't smell of antifreeze.

Either check for a external water leak or check the evaporator case drain hose for blockage. If it were me I would check the second one first. Usually this is nearer to the passenger side than the driver's and will leak clear water if plugged.

Originally Posted By: gr8gatzby
and it tastes like chicken.

seriously though. 90 Volvo 740 with B234F engine. Wetness under passenger mat, but smells like water, no hint of antifreeze. Rubbed my hand over the carpet and smelled me fangers to make sure. If it is the heater core, the cost of the repair will exceed the value of the car. I need a jb weld solution. What do you think of Blue Devil Sealer ?

A/C evap leaking water ? Recently had the same issue with my old Accord. A/C was draining back inside, on the pass side floor board.

My 91 volvo 940 had a hole in the floorpan partially hidden by a brace under there.

I'd cut up an old computer case and mend the hole with some self tapping screws if I were in your shoes.

Originally Posted By: Bud_One
A/C evap leaking water ? Recently had the same issue with my old Accord. A/C was draining back inside, on the pass side floor board.

I'm willing to bet this is the cause. Perhaps one of the A/C drain tubes is clogged up.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
Originally Posted By: Bud_One

I'm willing to bet this is the cause. Perhaps one of the A/C drain tubes is clogged up.
This, my wife's old Monte Carlo had a clogged drain tube. I unplugged it and it was like a rain storm.

Originally Posted By: ChevyBadger
Originally Posted By: saginawmale50
Rust hole in the floorpan.
I doubt it in North Carolina.

I took that to mean that the solution is to wait for the floor pan to rust through. Hello, drain hole!

I took that to mean that the solution is to wait for the floor pan to rust through. Hello, drain hole

badgers?....badgers?.....we dont need no stinkeen badgers! GO BLUE

Now that you mention it, a very strange "buffeting" sound emanates from the passenger side of the moonroof only during rainstorms.

OK well it's not misalignment that causes the leak inside, it would allow more water past the moonroof seal than normal but it should drain away. It is a clogged drain hose that causes the problem, if this is indeed it.

Originally Posted By: gr8gatzby
Now that you mention it, a very strange "buffeting" sound emanates from the passenger side of the moonroof only during rainstorms.

I took that to mean that the solution is to wait for the floor pan to rust through. Hello, drain hole

badgers?....badgers?.....we dont need no stinkeen badgers! GO BLUE
We will see in the championship game! If the Maize and Blue can make it. Badgers have a pretty easy route to it. A guy I work with is a Michigan native, needless to say there have been a lot of cases of beer bet on it. I'm up on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back