they are still doing it NHRA

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep 7-20-14 sun. NHRA drag racing Denver Co. if i post it this time you will say iam beating a dead horse. 30 passes. only 10 under full power.

Originally Posted By: morris
yep 7-20-14 sun. NHRA drag racing Denver Co. if i post it this time you will say iam beating a dead horse. 30 passes. only 10 under full power.

I know how you feel. This is not racing like you and I grew up with!!!

Conditions were a little tricky this past weekend at Bandimere, as you noted. That's a fairly common scenario at that high-altitude track.

There is a razor-thin margin of error, so they either go fast, or have issues.

Anyway, things are getting busy here in the pit at Sonoma. Hopefully the overall performance of the Fuel teams, will be better for the fans.

Makes sense to me.

Why would anyone blow a engine in preliminary rounds and lose millions of dollars in revenue in lost sponsorship and earnings?

My opinion is this. By not racing at 100% full bore 100% of the time showcases the drivers overall skill thus to win takes a more complete driver. This is a complete balancing act on the driver and crew that really underscores the knowledge, skill, and ability of all aspects of racing.

Of course there going to differing opinions.

i know iam beating the horse. sorry. but when 70% of the runs are a fail to race. SOMETHING is wrong. the only reason i posted this again is that its all most EVERY race. course when you own half the car at the track you DO have a chance to do good.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
They are over regulated for safety. They cannot risk a death on TV.

Thank the lawyers...

Over-regulated for safety?? You're kidding, right? NHRA is one of the most dangerous 4-wheeled motorsports, the NHRA people have blatantly ignored MAJOR safety concerns for years. WAY too much redneck engineering in NHRA, and far too many closed minds to accept any constructive criticism.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KenO

Thank the lawyers...

Over-regulated for safety?? You're kidding, right? NHRA is one of the most dangerous 4-wheeled motorsports, the NHRA people have blatantly ignored MAJOR safety concerns for years. WAY too much redneck engineering in NHRA, and far too many closed minds to accept any constructive criticism.

OK, what would you change?

I did get a chuckle out of the "redneck engineering" comment, though.

Originally Posted By: 02SE
Originally Posted By: KenO

Thank the lawyers...

OK, what would you change?

I did get a chuckle out of the "redneck engineering" comment, though.

That one WAS good for a laugh, eh?

C'mon, really? Redneck? The faster classes feature some truly cutting edge engineering, expensive machine work, and are held to extremely high standards by safety regs and more.

He must have been thinking of "Test and Tune" night at the local strip...

i might be telling my age. but i remember when they found out the nitro fumes was knocking drivers out. mid-50s? in the late 60s the ONLY rules was safety. not to slow the car down. and i think NHRA is a bit like the gestapo. like you ONLY can use ONE certin brand of nitro.....???????

and i think NHRA is a bit like the gestapo. like you ONLY can use ONE certin brand of nitro.....???????

NASCAR requires all teams to use Sunoco ethanol, same with IndyCar. You have to run Goodyear tires in NASCAR even though, arguably, Hoosier makes a superior product.

It not only keeps costs in line, but it keeps teams from formulating their own fuels.

F1 teams have Shell, ExxonMobil, and Petronas make custom fuels for their cars. Samples are provided to the FIA to ensure they meet requirements. Would you rather have that?

I do wish they would go back to the full 1320ft thing with the Fuel cars. But even the FIA has changed the distance in the drag racing series it runs to 1000ft, and since they are ultimately the ones running NHRA that is the rule.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I do wish they would go back to the full 1320ft thing with the Fuel cars. But even the FIA has changed the distance in the drag racing series it runs to 1000ft, and since they are ultimately the ones running NHRA that is the rule.

+1 I wish they'd let them run the full quarter.

did not i say gestapo?

I don't see how it is at all. Plus when sponsor money is involved, especially with a fuel and tire supplier, they tend to prefer exclusive contracts since losing is bad for publicity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back