Porsche Panamera oil change Redline 0w40 or M1 0w4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ndx

Hi Guys,

Current fill in wifes Panamera is 0w40
About 6000km on it

I'm leaving to chicago on Saturday and thinking about doing oil change 2500km total trip.

I have case of Redline 0w40 can I just use that or should I go buy M1

Redline would stay for 5000k and then Uoa but I don't want to cause extra wear...

Mobil 1 0w-40 for sure.

There's no sense in a non-approved oil unless you know you have a problem that you know it can fix.

There is one thing to fix.. How noise these engines are lol

Either one would work just fine, but for a car under warranty I would be inclined to stick with Porsche-certified oils.

I would change the oil after the road trip.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Either one would work just fine, but for a car under warranty I would be inclined to stick with Porsche-certified oils.

+1 Why the need to change it? Another 2500km highway trip is nothing. Just keep it topped off.

I guess she isn't fond of the Porsche engine note, huh..
Originally Posted By: Ndx
There is one thing to fix.. How noise these engines are lol

I guess she isn't fond of the Porsche engine note, huh...

Originally Posted By: bigt61

+1 Why the need to change it? Another 2500km highway trip is nothing. Just keep it topped off.

+2

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: wemay
Originally Posted By: bigt61

+2

+3

Besides, these engines have pretty generous oil sumps.

If the choice was between M1 SM 0W-40 (still available in Canada), M1 SN 0W-40 or RL 0W-40 I'd recommend M1 SM 0W-40.
But since you have the RL oil I'd pickup a couple of litre of TGMO 0W-20 to dilute the RL by 1/3rd to make a light 0W-40 with a more appropriate ZDDP level while bumping the VI to almost 200.

Whatever you do don't use up all of the RL 0W-40, I still want to buy a quart or two from you.

Cheers

Let's see.
6K KM is only 3600 miles.
Why would the oil need to be changed?
This car apparently doesn't see a lot use measured in either kilometers or miles.
Red Line for 3K miles would be a waste of oil.
M1 0W-40 is also only $22.46/jug at Walmart in this area.
Change the oil as recommended by the manufacturer.
For an expensive engine still under warranty, use what Porsche recommends on the recommended drain intervals.
This isn't an old Hyundai or Ford with which one might experiment freely.

Thank you I left oil in
smile.gif

Unless the RL can mercifully change the way that sausage looks, you should keep running M1, as Porsche specifies. And with the mileage you've got, there's no benefit to changing it now. The advantages of M1 are increased friction protection and longevity, recall it's synthetic, so the OCI rules change. At least you should get that part.

Originally Posted By: Noey
Unless the RL can mercifully change the way that sausage looks, you should keep running M1

crackmeup2.gif

(I guess I am not the ONLY one who's NOT enamored of the aesthetics of the 'Panzerwagen'.
wink.gif
)

When I like how a car works, I end up liking how it looks.

If it weren't for that, I'd completely agree that the Panamera is ugly as sin.

As things stand now, I think it's gorgeous.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
When I like how a car works, I end up liking how it looks.

I call this the "Supra MKIV Turbo syndrome", as all of it's fanboys seem to think it is THE best looking bit of machinery EVER produced, bar NONE, due to it's modifiable performance potential.

That being said, I do understand your post above, to a point.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: dennishiip
Redline is superior to M1

For track use no doubt but for everyday i'm not so sure. Guys here use Motul 300V but only with short OCI. Apparently these kind of oil don't fight acid build up very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back