MMO suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, would anyone recommend adding marvel mystery oil to a 26hp kohler courage engine? I am thinking of adding some to the gas tank and the oil and running a full tank through and than planning on changing it all this fall. Is this a good idea or does anyone have better suggestions?

I add it to the gas all the time in my OPE engines. No need for it in the oil unless the engine needs a good cleaning.

MMO has solvents which aren't necessary unless your sludged. It also reduces viscosity which might be undesirable in the oil of a hot air cooled engine. If you add it to a HDEO 15w40 it should be fine.

Remarkable results (marvelous) cleaning up the fuel system in an old Snapper mower. Wish I'd started this years ago

I agree with others, though, that MMO in the oil isn't something to do routinely. If a known problem exists, consider it, but know that with such a small sump, the amount of MMO to add would be measured out in teaspoons. More frequent OCI's, I'd imagine, would accomplish the same end result with no worries about oil being thinned too much

i have been using MMO for 30 odd years. with the new fuel injection systems made me think i needed to have MMO go in the fuel tank AND the intake port. i now use this system, http://www.ampcolubes.com/...... to get it in the intake ports. and put it in the fuel tank to get it in the injectors. just my idea.

Here's what I do. The instructions from Marvel call For 4oz of MMO for 10 gal of gas. I have a 5 gallon gas can and still use the 4 oz for the 5 gal container. I use it that way the whole summer. In the spring when I do a tune up the spark plug it is perfectly clean. I do no not add the MMO Directly to the tank itself, only through the mixture I have made. I also use the mixture for my 2 cycle trimmer and use the 32:1 mix and disregard any of the mmo that is in the solution. Trimmer runs fine. Hope this helps.

I still use small amounts of MMO in the gas of my lawnmower and my wheeled weed trimmer. The engines seem to run better and the spark plugs stay cleaner. But unless I used a thicker oil I would not use MMO in the oil. Because I ran the machines in the summer when it is hot. And I use 30 weight oil in the weed trimmer and 10W30 in the lawnmower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back