Mt. Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting this link. That is a [censored] of a mountain. I've climbed every trail and and each of the presidential ravines and driven the road plenty of times. There are some very scary parts, especially as you get up to Mt. Jefferson when the rocks are all that stands between you and a very far drop! These speeds these guys are running is insane!

I did the same drive(first time) last week in my wife's 2005 Legacy GT wagon. Definitely much longer than 6 mins
smile.gif

Prior it was on foot with a 30+ lbs of ski's and boots on back for Tuckerman's Ravine.

I drove up Mt. Evans Colorado several years ago, then Mt. Washington a few years after that. Then just last week, we drove up Mt. Evans again, and we almost got zapped by lightning.

All these excursions were done in rental cars, and they took longer than 7 minuets, LOL.

You guys missed the road race which was back in June. Basically about 1000+ people run up the auto road. Takes anywhere from an hour for the winner up to 3 hours for everyone else to get up there. It could be 70 at the base and in the 30's at the top and even lower with the wind chill.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
You guys missed the road race which was back in June. Basically about 1000+ people run up the auto road. Takes anywhere from an hour for the winner up to 3 hours for everyone else to get up there. It could be 70 at the base and in the 30's at the top and even lower with the wind chill.

Way back when there was a bicycle race hillclimb up the auto road as well, just as there was up Mt. Evans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back