Anyone try a HKS filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not used HKS but have had friends have issues with oiling them. I used an AEM dry flow for 5yrs on my 360whp Evo and my UOA's proved it filtered very well. Better yet??? You don't have to oil it.

Jeff

As I know, HKS filter has no by-pass valve (=only for racing).
Absolutely not for all-season using.

Oil filter recomanded change every 2000 miles, just use a Wix XP filter and I'm sure results with flow will be more than ok for 1/3 or less the cost.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
This is the oil filter, not air filter.

Ok sorry should of used the link. Personally I wouldn't use their filters stick with OEM.

Jeff

No mention of efficiency at all ... it's probably a coarse sieve.

Somebody buy one and send it over, I'll run it then cut it open... even if it is pink...

I mean hey, it has a super intake flap, a super stealth frame and well its just super...

Originally Posted By: accent2012
The most important question.... how much HP/Torque it add?

0.01 HP ... or 7.46 watts, the power of an incandescent night light.
grin.gif

Just doing a bit of research on these filters...

I discovered they have a neodymium magnet inside the filter.

I am not aware of any other filter which has this.

Originally Posted By: CELICA_XX
Just doing a bit of research on these filters...

I discovered they have a neodymium magnet inside the filter.

I am not aware of any other filter which has this.

That is true, however, you could just buy a Filtermag or a magnetic drain plug, and save a great deal of money.

The site says it is tested at 20 microns, but it doesn't say what percentage of debris it removes. That seems like a pointless measurement to me.

When I wanted what might be the best filter, I used an RP filter.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
Somebody buy one and send it over, I'll run it then cut it open... even if it is pink...

I mean hey, it has a super intake flap, a super stealth frame and well its just super...

LOL
grin.gif

....still interesting though, I do like the idea of a small internal magnet.

But yeah no efficiency data, looks like some sort of synthetic media... could just run a WixXP for alot cheaper... maybe even repaint it a slick color and dremel out the intake holes.....

"Ported and polished my oil filter intake holes.."

I got my hands on one of these for a Honda application. It is really small, even smaller than a PH4967 (Toyota Filter). Sitting on the base plates it comes about to the bottom of the sure grip on a PH7317 filter.

The packaging and presentation is very appealing - actually running it not so much.

Would look good on the mantle.

I did find this UK video of one cut apart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back