Only Zaino ZCS for two years

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
That's right. And honestly I don't recall when I applied it last. So tonight was a wash and AIO night. But I have to say it still looks great, even if photobucket compresses the shots.

I'm pretty happy with zaino on this car. Anyone else use ZCS much? It's just so easy.

FECE6FFC-4AB1-4CE1-8A9F-5A530B868A98_zpsympltptv.jpg

4F201875-56D1-4FFA-8011-FC5C3F84D42B_zpsas1mchvm.jpg

F91FE9D5-071E-4306-81C0-CC5FC03D9856_zpsepm80acp.jpg

8BB3EE33-969B-4D6D-AB9D-DD57A2FD0C03_zpsvqqkewsx.jpg

These were from the other day before I even was able to give it a good wash.

5B50BDC5-579A-4BA1-85DB-3250534492B3_zps1ixtgh34.jpg

E64BEED6-942F-4429-A683-DDA969CC44B4_zpso17ycshv.jpg

But my greatest concern is protection. Anyone know the true protection and longevity of something like ZCS vs other products? I assume it cross links into what is below, and it does literally take me less than five minutes to do the whole car.

Ive used it, and was not impressed. It gave a nice pop for a while, but after a weekend of rain the paint always looked lack-luster and the water stopped beading.

Given that I've not done anything to get these pics besides a wash, I think that the paint looks great. What do you use instead? Does it truly last longer?

On my saab which I keep under a cover in the summer since it gets some strong sun in my driveway in the back yard, I've seen that the ZCS still beads after sitting for months.

I've been using Zaino for years.
I love ZCS.
I do a ZAIO,Z2 in every Spring and then just ZCS every month.Wash,dry and a 5 minute spray on,spread and walk away.Fantastic shine and protection.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I'm making other folks from the other thread sick
wink.gif

hah!

what's that sticking out of the grill?

Originally Posted By: EdwardC
I'm making other folks from the other thread sick
wink.gif

hah!

what's that sticking out of the grill?

Standard SAE 12v plug for battery charger. Since the car can sit a while in the winter.

I hope you don't walk with your feet pointing that far apart... (j/k, somebody had to...)
smile.gif

It does look beautiful.

Oh, use tinypic, no compression.
thumbsup2.gif

I used ZCS for years. It's an awesome product! It was ahead of it's time for sure. Optimum Opti-Seal,and Ultima Paint Guard Plus are better products IMO,but the Zaino is no slouch.

Dont know much about ultima, but Im not keen on Optimum and their "mandatory" how many ever hundreds of dollars cost to apply (plus the prep cost). I supose there is a consumer grade product too, but if its not the best, why would I want to consider it either?

Dont know much about ultima, but Im not keen on Optimum and their "mandatory" how many ever hundreds of dollars cost to apply (plus the prep cost). I supose there is a consumer grade product too, but if its not the best, why would I want to consider it either?

So is Zaino Clear Seal, "the best?"
56.gif

Well, when is made the decision to go zaino a few years back, it was based upon some tests that someone on here ran and posted. There are a few of these type analyses around the internet, so this is not the only one, and zaino has been generally well regarded.

In the BITOG test, it had lasted longer than other products, and at the time these other resin coatings weren't really out or discussed, at least on here (must have been four years ago or so).

Edit, found it: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1515465&page=all

What's nice is that there is a system with well known compatibility, that I know can keep topping off the protection on the car with not five minutes of work, after I set it up with the aio/z5 type combo. The detailer sprays and the clear seal stuff all work in tandem to enhance the protection. Perhaps some other holistic systems like that have come about since, but I don't know of them, and these are super easy to acquire.

I don't care for the optimum business model, even if it is far superior, which I'm not totally sure of (cars still need to be washed, still get environmental attacks, and if these hard coatings get partially removed, then what?). Other products that last longer would be absolutely awesome, but Im not entirely sure any others do..

Last edited:
That color would look good even if you rubbed the car with Crisco.

That's not a slam against Zaino - more of a compliment for that shade of blue.

Sharp ride!

Originally Posted By: strat81
That color would look good even if you rubbed the car with Crisco.

That's not a slam against Zaino - more of a compliment for that shade of blue.

Sharp ride!

Well that makes life easy
wink.gif

Thanks!!

He said Opti-Seal, not Opti-Coat. Opti-Seal is a regular SOWO sealant. Opti-Coat is the coating you are talking about.

Last edited:
I love that color! In fact from these pics it looks almost identical to the color of my Corvette! Zaino helps mine shine brightly too!
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back