QSUD 5w-20, 7835 mi, Honda Fit Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be completely accurate, the oil I used in this fill was 3 qts QSUD and 1 qt Pennzoil Ultra, both 5w-20.

I guess I'm happy with this UOA and don't see anything to be alarmed about. As Blackstone recommended, I'll be going 9k miles on my current fill of 4 qts Pennzoil Ultra 5w-20. When the time comes for the next UOA, I will get a TBN on it since I haven't used it before (as a whole).

Thoughts, questions and comments welcome.

WCTBn03.gif

Originally Posted By: gregk24
What's up with the aluminum? Do a lot of short trips?

I don't think so but "a lot" and "short" are relative terms. We live in the suburbs so it takes about 15 min to get anywhere. I don't think we do any trips less than 5 min and most are much longer than that.

At least the Al isn't going up and you could argue it's going down so that's a bit of a relief.

Nice, mine gave me only 5,500 @ 15% full synthetic, stop n go traffic only and dustyish conditions. Any recommendations?
confused.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mcabal25
Nice, mine gave me only 5,500 @ 15% full synthetic, stop n go traffic only and dustyish conditions. Any recommendations?
confused.gif

Not really, unfortunately. If you are driving stop & go all of the time, the MM logic will pick up on that and adjust your interval accordingly.

http://www.invergrovehonda.com/honda-maintenance-minder-system.htm

Q: How does the Honda Maintenance Minder know when the 0% trigger Occurs?

A: The on board computer system in your vehicle continuously monitors the engine operating conditions such as speed, engine and ambient temperature, time and the vehicle use. The system will count down the vehicles oil life based on these conditions to determine when an engine oil change and maintenance is necessary.

I was using QSUD 5w-20 but wondered if I could do better, esp with regards to the Al in my samples. I've switched to PU for this fill. I'll post results after 9k miles.

Thanks for the MM link it makes sense now and I'll be anxiously waiting to see your results as there isn't many Fit results (yet). I already ordered a free test kit, I will post ASAP it's just a matter of when.

Aluminum is a little high, but certainly not worrisome - could it possibly be your driving style? It may be coming from piston skirts if you tend to "lug" the engine at all - in other words shift up early into a higher gear to maximize fuel efficiency. The increased cylinder pressures might slightly increase wear. Just a guess, but too high RPM and too low RPM both increase wear IMO. Fuel mileage savings may trump negligible wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back