The worst rental car I've ever had

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Next Enterprise visit, try to get a V6 Chrysler 200. Just...wow!

Yep the review I read Chrysler may have a hit on there hands.

Originally Posted By: strat81
I rented a Hyundai Accent last week from Enterprise at Logan Airport. It had just over 200 miles on it.

It was in perfect condition...

I would hope a car with 200 miles would be in perfect condition, considering that the 200 miles were from driving it in, and you were probably the first person to rent it.

A ton of Galants, especially towards the end of their run, were sold to rental fleets. Mitsubishi couldn't get rid of the [censored] things otherwise.

It is a poor excuse for a car in this day and age. In 2001 it would have been an okay car. That generation of Galant came out in 2004 and was already behind the curve then, and was really dated within a couple of years.

Someone else here has mentioned a while back that Mitsubishi has outdoor power equipment sounding starters...that's no joke. Sounds like starting an electric start lawn mower.

The last gen of Galant was just a poorly executed car.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
A ton of Galants, especially towards the end of their run, were sold to rental fleets. Mitsubishi couldn't get rid of the [censored] things otherwise.

It is a poor excuse for a car in this day and age. In 2001 it would have been an okay car. That generation of Galant came out in 2004 and was already behind the curve then, and was really dated within a couple of years.

Someone else here has mentioned a while back that Mitsubishi has outdoor power equipment sounding starters...that's no joke. Sounds like starting an electric start lawn mower.

The last gen of Galant was just a poorly executed car.

When I drove the Mirage, I wasn't sure if I was on a big riding mower or in a car. The good news is, if the starter fails, you can probably swap it with a lawnmower ...

Oddly enough, the OE starter for my 2000 Cherokee was built by Mitsubishi.

The local dealer has 1 or 2 2012 Galant (new, as far as I can tell) and a 2012 i-MiEV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back