Ten years ago today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ten years ago today I quit smoking. No biggie in the grand scheme of things, but I've stuck with it all the same. Just think of all the $$$ saved too!
grin2.gif

Good for you! I wish I can remember my exact date, I quit so many times.

Way to go!

Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations!
You should be PROUD! Awesome, can't say enough good about this accomplishment, you done great!

My Dad died in '99 with lung cancer, and my Mother died in '07 from emphysema. After Dads death I took care of Mom daily, because she was attached to an oxygen bottle 24-7-365 for 6 straight years. Mom weighed 78 lbs at her death.

She could not drive, or walk more than across the room on her own. I did all this while working 12 hr rotating shifts and raising 3 kids of my own.

I breathed in HEAVY 2nd hand smoke the first 18 years of my life. As a child, riding in a car with 2 chain smokers was unbearable.

I HATE smoking, and yes, if anyone has a right to, I do.

Congrats on improving yourself. Never go back.

Congratulations on the staying the course for a decade. From someone who knows how hard it is at times.

Congratulations. Not many have the willpower and self-discipline that it takes to actually quit once and for all.

Very special indeed! I'm lucky to have come across a very special doctor, Marc Strauss. He is one of our police surgeons and truly is a remarkable man. Very well established in the medical field as he helped pioneer how we treat cancer in the modern era. Google him.

He speaks often to groups on health and cancer and the very #1 issue he raises is the one that the individual can control...smoking! Huge factor in so many more ways than ling cancer. I certainly railed against the outrageous award of 25B in another thread here; but I don't smoke and feel it probably one of the most destructive things a man can willing do to himself. Not looking to offend any smokers, as it's your right to do so. Please don't take it that way.

You sir, have accomplished something worthwhile and your family is better for it. Not to mention your pocketbook.

Smoking stinks.Anyone that has to light something on fire just to inhale the smoke should realize how nasty that is.Its like inhaling a brushfire.Dont see many people volunteering to do that....just the fire dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back