Recommend Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: gtmaster303

3 miles huh?
Why not just ride a bike to work?

I Might, but not in the winter or when its raining.

Actually, I just drove there, I am a terrible judge of distance. Its only 1.2 miles. I'll save $125 per month in gas.

I ask about the filter because I have seen some reports about media tearing on the Purolator filter.

I did not think about the oil. I do not believe that the Yaris is spec for 20 weight. But the short distance is a concern. I do plan to drive the car on the highway occasionally, once or twice a month.

With that said, would Mobil 1 Extended Performance be a better choice than Mobil 1? Would the additives in EP protect the motor better in my situation?

IMO, the Toyota Motor is much more durable than the Hyundai or the Honda in this type of driving. The Ranger is my toy and averages less than 500 miles per year.

If it requires a 5w30, DO NOT use a 0w20 unless they back spec it. I would use a decent synthetic and change every 6 months, but use a Fram Ultra filter and only change the filter once a year. That way your oil will be drained before any sludge forms (hopefully) and you will be washing out the fuel dilution.

Strange... The chart I have from Toyota has specced it since 2006 for 0/20-5/20 and 5/30?
Maybe it's a Canuckistan thing???
Oh well,, more TGMO for me...

Originally Posted By: wrf01a
I currently use a Purolator Oil filter, my question is this, is there a better choice?

FRAM Ultra

Originally Posted By: wrf01a
Originally Posted By: gtmaster303

3 miles huh?
Why not just ride a bike to work?

I Might, but not in the winter or when its raining.

Actually, I just drove there, I am a terrible judge of distance. Its only 1.2 miles. I'll save $125 per month in gas.

Lol then you can really bike to work. Or even walk.
Takes about 15 mins to walk a mile

When it comes to what is mechanically the same car, if I were the OP I'd pay heed to a guy who's done 345K over anyone else in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back