New fully synthetic filter media - Mahle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page 33 of Mahle 2011 Tech Brochure.

Anybody know about oil filters that use the mixed cellulose-plastic fiber filters or the all synthetic non-woven fiber ones Mahle says is in series production?

Like the Fram Ultra, this appears to be a better oil filter. Mahle's performance specs and other info are almost impossible to find on these things.

I did find a Mahle web page saying the all-synthetic oil filters take out 95% @ 10 microns, similar to the Fram Ultra's 80% @ 5 microns. Its already looking like the Ultra equals or beats this Mahle stuff.

Originally Posted By: route66mike
I did find a Mahle web page saying the all-synthetic oil filters take out 95% @ 10 microns, similar to the Fram Ultra's 80% @ 5 microns. Its already looking like the Ultra equals or beats this Mahle stuff.

lol nothing bearing a Fram logo will 'beat' anything else. Keep apologizing and doing free PR for them, though

Originally Posted By: jrustles
lol nothing bearing a Fram logo will 'beat' anything else. Keep apologizing and doing free PR for them, though

Facts to back up your statements? I didn't think so....

^^^ Emotions are stronger than facts.
eek.gif
grin.gif

"beats this Mahle stuff". Nice.

Originally Posted By: route66mike

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
^^^ Emotions are stronger than facts.
eek.gif
grin.gif

Darn right.

Competition is too diverse for me to feel obligated to be stupid. It feels like the relationship between a battered spouse that keeps returning because the abuser keeps saying their sorry and wrote a poem and got raise at their job. I'm not here to encourage [censored].

That's my role as a consumer, and I take it seriously.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: route66mik

Facts to back up your FU efficiency ratings? Oh the company recanted them? I didn't think so.....

Last edited:
And here BMW has missed a great opportunity to use FRAM as an OEM supplier.

Oh, I remember, FRAM actually buys a Mahle and puts it in the FRAM box for these critical, demanding BMW applications.

FRAM may be one of Mahle's biggest customers.

Facts to back up your FU efficiency ratings? Oh the company recanted them? I didn't think so.....

Fram, or any other company that states performance specs, has a legal obligation to ensure they are accurate and provable. You can bet Fram's legal department has the bases coverd there. So IMO, I can trust those claims are true and accurate.

Other filter companies routinely test their competitions filters to ensure they do indeed meet the claims from the competition. They are always poised to start legal action for false advertising.

Fram, or any other company that states performance specs, has a legal obligation to ensure they are accurate and provable. You can bet Fram's legal department has the bases coverd there. So IMO, I can trust those claims are true and accurate.

But they took the ratings off of the packaging. Why would they do such a thing if they were so confident in their test results?

But they took the ratings off of the packaging. Why would they do such a thing if they were so confident in their test results?

Don't know, but the ratings are on their website which is just a legal. Guys are grasping at straws.

Ultra Website Page

Other filter companies routinely test their competitions filters to ensure they do indeed meet the claims from the competition. They are always poised to start legal action for false advertising.
Wow, I guess every thing I read and seen about Slick 50 and Dura-Lube must be true!! They can't say it if its not true!!

Originally Posted By: steveh

Wow, I guess every thing I read and seen about Slick 50 and Dura-Lube must be true!! They can't say it if its not true!!

They probably got sued along the way too if there were false claims that could be proven to be false.

Why don't you non-believers call up Fram or Purolator or whoever quotes an efficiency spec and say you're going have their oil filters independently tested per IOS 4548-12 and then file a lawsuit for false performance claims and see what they say.
whistle.gif

You're not really serious, are you? You do know the difference between published specifications obtained by standard tests, and a list of pseudo-science claims and testimonials, don't you?

Originally Posted By: steveh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back