TYC Cabin Air Filters - Any Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JustinH
Amazon really shows the markup on auto parts at local stores.

Most stuff can be had for half the price of autozone or whatever.

Yup! Me too.

Originally Posted By: JustinH

Add in my prime account, and I have been buying everything from them.

Hold on there a moment...

Originally Posted By: Joenpb
I found RockAuto to be good too.

I have Prime too but have learned to always compare, and for Auto Parts these are the two I always compare. Often RA comes in a tiny bit cheaper but Prime includes 2-day shipping.

Also Amazon is infamous for their pricing mistakes. This goes both ways. Sometimes they have outrageous bargains. Other times crazy-high prices, especially when down to the last 1 or 2 in stock.

Always compare. I can live with myself if I find I didn't get the absolute lowest price. I could really kick myself, though, if I find I paid 100% extra.

As for the original topic... I have a carbon activated ATP in the Pilot from Rock Auto, it fit as well as the Honda part or better, and seems to do a good job. We still get plenty of air. It was the cheapest carbon filter I could find.

The Honda filter was previously changed every 30K and was really filthy and full of leaf and seed debris. I'd say if you park anywhere near a tree, replace or at least check your air filter more often than the factory service interval.

Last edited:
It's just a cabin air filter! It's not like you really even need one. As long as it fits, doesn't restrict air too much, or fall apart on you, then it's OK.

I just used up my stash of 4 TYC cabin air filters for my Fit. They seem to work fine. Every time I change them, they're full of dirt, grit, leaves and other junk which is what they're supposed to do.

I'll be buying another 4 from RA or somewhere else for the next 4 changes.

I've founds CAF's to be perfect for use of online promo codes at AAP. I've had satisfactory results from the basic Puro BreatheEasy CAF's. I've found AAP to have the same price or close to Amazon for my applications, before using a minimum 30% off AAP code. No shipping charge and don't have to buy in bulk to save. Though I haven't used them the AAP DriveWorks brand is even less.

I'm like the poster above saying it's just a CAF. As long as it fits reasonably well and stops the junk, I'm ok with it. I've noticed little difference between aftermarket and oem like Honda, except for the price.

Long said on the topic, for what they are CAF's are very overpriced imo.

Originally Posted By: bionictony
every other time i vacuum my car, i take out the cabin air filter and vacuum it as well. the brush attachment cleans it well.

Unless you vacuum your car no more than once or twice a year you don't need to vacuum the cabin filter that often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back