New 0W-20 and 5W-20 full syn MaxLife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! It's about time they made XW-20 for the Full Syn Maxlife...
banana2.gif

Originally Posted By: The Critic
That's fairly high volatility for a 0w-20.

Not really. Check this out, the beloved darling of the forum, Pennzoil ultra platinum has a lower VI and higher NOACK.

@OP : Thanks for the post, this is excellent news. Looking forward to these new products.

Originally Posted By: bigt61
The 10W-30 has an impressive NOACK. The death of 10W-30 may be greatly exaggerated.

Very true, I was looking in particular at the NOACK of the 5W30 versus the 5W20, and wondering how soon the 5W20 is declared an obsolete grade...

Originally Posted By: bourne

Not really. Check this out, the beloved darling of the forum, Pennzoil ultra platinum has a lower VI and higher NOACK.

@OP : Thanks for the post, this is excellent news. Looking forward to these new products.

I thought the Bitog darling was TGMO 0W20? LOL

Nice to see that M1 AFE looks really good as an option as well.

The 10W-30 has an impressive NOACK. The death of 10W-30 may be greatly exaggerated.

5w30 is obsolete....

And at 22 bucks a 5qt jug...fantastic value for a NOACK 6% oil.

Originally Posted By: Lex94

5w30 is obsolete....

Not for those of us that still drive cars built in the 90s. My Acura recommends 5W-30 year-round, and it's what I'll continue to use in it.

5w30 is obsolete....

I'm using it in My 03 Ford Ranger 4.0, Ford never changed the oil spec on that engine as they did with some others.

Looking Forward to the 5w-20 too, For our Jeep.

5w30 is obsolete....

On which planet...? Because you're not referring to Earth, in the year 2014.

Automakers all have a government gun (aka, Laws) to their collective head...engine protection is no longer a top consideration.

Automakers all have a government gun (aka, Laws) to their collective head...engine protection is no longer a top consideration.

Exactly! Which is why we pass cars dead on the side of the road every day from these watered down oils!!!

33.gif

MPG goals can be achieve by a variety of means. No one is telling anybody what oils to use.

Last edited:
Seen it. Held it. Will be interesting to see it in use though. They've been trying to introduce 5W20 max syn for a while but didn't have the volume of vehicles that needed it? Really? Anyways, should be soon since most use those weights now.

No, not really. And the VI is pretty good for an OTC synthetic.

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4

Nice to see that M1 AFE looks really good as an option as well.

Our Mazda has only seen M1 0w20 products since dumping the factory fill. Seems to be doing excellent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back