Chevy lumbar issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my 06 Silverado has now had its first failure, the Lumbar has stopped working (inflatable lower cushion built into the seat). The rest of the seats power features still work, The up/down/front/back/tilt,heat, power switches that sit directly in front of the lumbar switch are still all working correctly. So i contacted my local dealer and inquired, of course they want me to bring it in at $90+ A hour.. they did however mention that everything for the seat is on the same fuse and if the other power switches are still working then the fuse is NOT the issue.

Im thinking i might have a switch thats gone bad, however this surpises me as i bet that lumbar switch hasnt been touched 50 times since new.. I have looked under the seat and with all the electronics/power/heated seats, etc its a jungle of parts. I did not detect any loose wires or anything that looked pinched.

I have not investigated into the switch very far, i dont know if it can be replaced alone or if i have to replace the entire switch assemble that controls everything on the side of the seat. or for that matter how much they cost..

opinions? truck in Sig is a LT2

Try jiggling the particular wires that control the switch while activating it at the same time. I would bet that it is a loose wire or broken wire from vibration or the stress of the power seat moving back and forth over time.

Thanks, i actually did that, and no such luck.. as much as i hate to i may just pony up the money and have the shop inspect.. (grinding my teeth)

Unplug the connectors, blast them with cleaner and plug them back in. It may work, and it will be cheap to do. I can make no promises.

I know this is a old topic however i never did get it fixed.. so today i played with it just a bit, the switch is working, how do i know, when i hit the switch i can hear a humming coming from under the seat.. The seat is not inflating with air though.. I may be taking the truck in to get this looked at as im planning to go on vacation again this October again with the truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back