Wegmans Sub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JTK
Wegman's subs are great. IMO, a full sub used to be 'substantial' enough to feed ~3 people. Not so much anymore. Great store regardless. Good deals on store brand items.

I thought that also.

The wegmans full sub has gotten smaller in the past few years right? I could never eat a whole one, now it is pretty easy.

Still good. Also dibella's uses the same recipe as wegmans for their subs, seems to be the exact same deal.

How far west and south does their 'territory' run (most on here probably have No idea what a 'Wegmans' is
wink.gif
)??

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
How far west and south does their 'territory' run (most on here probably have No idea what a 'Wegmans' is
wink.gif
)??

I'm surprised that you don't have one near you.

They are as close as Downingtown, PA which is about 40 minutes from you most likely.

They run as far "south" as Fairfax County, VA. We have a few in MD.

I believe there are some in NJ, from Bucks Co, that might be better than Downingtown.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Publix subs with Boars Head meats & cheese

MMMmmmmmmmm.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS!!!!

We don't have Wegman's in the south, but we do have Publix. Good subs, good Deli, clean well lit stores, employees are generally very friendly. Publix is my preferred supermarket.

As far as subs go in South Carolina it's pretty disappointing. The top tier around here is Firehouse(uggh) and Jimmy Johns(ok). There is no place around here that serves a decent steak sub or any other for that manner, besides Publix. We do have some great BBQ though.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Publix subs with Boars Head meats & cheese

MMMmmmmmmmm.

Our local supermarket King Soopers has subs with Boarshead meat. Darn tasty.

Does anyone have Jersey Mikes? I think they're the best around here. The roast beef is the freackin bomb. It's just roast beef, lettuce, tomato, and a dash of mayo. It doesn't need anything else. We used to have a local place in business for 50 years, but they went under to the corporate competition.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Does anyone have Jersey Mikes? I think they're the best around here. The roast beef is the freackin bomb. It's just roast beef, lettuce, tomato, and a dash of mayo. It doesn't need anything else. We used to have a local place in business for 50 years, but they went under to the corporate competition.

We have tried JM's and found it to be really good.

But we are Publix fans. If you use their new smartphone app they will have them waiting when you arrive...

Originally Posted By: racer12306
They run as far "south" as Fairfax County, VA. We have a few in MD.

I believe there are some in NJ, from Bucks Co, that might be better than Downingtown.

I was not asking if there were any in my area, I know of the one in Bridgewater, N.J., and yes the one in Downingtown, Pa. (my older son used to live there), I was asking about the range of their territory to the south and west, since I am almost certain they are NOT a nationwide chain.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Actually if you live in PA, and NJ Wawa has great hoagies too.

^^^They (Wawa) used to have some REALLY good pitas on their menu, but just like the great ones that Wendy's used to serve, they went away.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Does anyone have Jersey Mikes? I think they're the best around here.

I am AMAZED that they are all the way out there, I thought they were 'local' (to here and Joyzee).

We have Jersey mike's all over Austin, Texas suburbs.

Pretty much every suburb I've encountered has one.

Only thing is the sub always ends up running me 10-12 bucks, which is a little high for me. Not big enough for that price either.

Pretty good sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back