Chrysler recall 792,000 Jeeps over ignition switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chrysler recall gets a positive response, while a GM recall gets a negative response. Strange how that works.

Originally Posted By: whip
Chrysler recall gets a positive response, while a GM recall gets a negative response. Strange how that works.

apples-and-oranges.jpg

Strange one company has a voluntary recall. The other was forced to testify to Congress.

Foreign cars are loved here!
27.gif

Originally Posted By: dave1251

Strange one company has a voluntary recall. The other was forced to testify to Congress.

Given enough time, all of the skeletons will be out of closet. For all companies.

Originally Posted By: GumbyJarvis
Its nice to see Fiat trying to clean up the Daimler-Benz era messes.

I think it would be best if they just ignored that. Daimer-Benz destroyed Chrysler/Jeep by making them produce sub par vehicles.

Their best focus would be to focus on continuing to make better products (which they are also doing).

Given enough time, all of the skeletons will be out of closet. For all companies.

In a closer to perfect world GM would not be around to testify to Congress. Of course the comedy of "The new GM" will come to fruition soon enough.

Of course you can ignore the fact GM was aware of the ignition switch problem of 11 years and sat on their collective hands.

This is getting ridiculous. Bump the keys with a knee and shut the vehicle off? Give me a break. I'm sure if I moved my arm from my cup holder in the right way on my Jeep I could knock the shifter into neutral, and if I didn't guide the steering wheel while this happened because I was texting I might crash. If your knees are hitting the ignition switch you need a larger vehicle that you fit in.

Pretty soon we will see recalls for headlight switches because people were too dumb to turn on their headlights at night and crashed because they couldn't see.

chrysler ign switches had a different failure mode than GM, and I think that's a huge difference. It is WELL KNOWN across the jeep boards that flickering dash gauges and no-start conditions come from these switches. And it's been well known for a while. Lot's of DIY out there on them. One might question why they waited so long for the recall.

The difference is--- I haven't been on the jeep boards in a long time, but their switches gave lots of warning that started with flickering and odd behavior and the occasional no-start. I never heard of any being bumped by knees into an off position. I wonder if this recall was "re-written" to sound like a knee-bump condition in order to not mention that it was a dirt-cheap switch that would just stop making contact.

Originally Posted By: dave1251

In a closer to perfect world GM would not be around to testify to Congress. Of course the comedy of "The new GM" will come to fruition soon enough.

Of course you can ignore the fact GM was aware of the ignition switch problem of 11 years and sat on their collective hands.

what is really sad is that some of the drivers whose passengers were killed in the resulting accidents were charged and convicted of vehicular homicide. Now GM refuses to waive it's bankruptcy warranty liability protection so those owners have no legal remedy.

I think I saw this one a little while back. I was worried because it said "older jeeps" only for it to mean the 2005 wk/xk models. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back