Starting my first stash

Status
Not open for further replies.
My stash

One quart of Mobil 1 5w-30

One 5-qt Wally's jug that's about 2/3 full of odds and ends remnants. Probably Mobil 1 ESP 5w-30, Eneos 0w-20, G-Oil 5w-30, Nextgen Maxlife 5w-30 and possibly even some Red Line and Amsoil.

It's like sourdough, when I switch oils in the cars, I pour the leftovers from the old oil into the jug, put some in the mower, add some more 1/4 quarts here and there so my garage doesn't get cluttered with 3/4 empty bottles. There's probably even some Belgian Castrol for my old TDI that I used before I switched to Mobil 1 Truck & SUV, which was before they renamed it Turbo Diesel Truck still mixed in there.

I suspect I'm pretty far down the list.

Last edited:
Ok, here it goes, my stash with some notes on each brand:

4L of Acura 0W20 SM (to try)
4L of Toyota 0W20 SN (next OCI coming soon)
2.4 L of Pennzoil Ultra 5W20 SM (gave oil consumption)
4.73 L of Pennzoil Platinum 5W20 SN (worked well not as smooth as QSUD)
4.73 L of (prized) QSUD 5W20 SN (so smooth! car loves it, zero consumption)
3.5 L ATF Honda DW-1 (happy with the shifts)

I have 3 Wix filters for my Honda Fit

I do all my own oil and ATF changes at home so I save on that.

Originally Posted By: Falken
I was just passing by Cornwall, Ontario today and saw one of those Clubs there but didn't think to go in.

Unlike Costco, there is no membership fee. Also, RCWC's regular price on Mobil Super 1000 is pretty decent, too. Years back, when I lived out of the city and didn't feel like hunting for sales all the time, I used to get all my oil at Superstore; they had the same pricing structure as RCWC. Unfortunately, with their latest renovations, they gutted the automotive aisle, and now they have one or two varieties only, and in one or two grades, and not as nicely priced as before.

I'm going to try and restrain myself from overdoing the stash. I've significantly cleared out a lot of the extraneous stuff I had in my picture in the stash picture thread. I really don't need 150 litres + of oil hanging around.
wink.gif

TallPall is that a stash of Ketchup in the right corner of your picture....find a good deal on that too?

That is one great stash I usually ahve between 5-20 qts and thought I had alot.

Originally Posted By: Loobed
Originally Posted By: TallPaul
My stash 5 years ago. I still have over 100 bottles of Maxlife.
Stash.jpg

What is in those pink bottles?

Oh, I miss the SLOB... *sigh**
smile.gif

As you can see by my join date, I'm quite new and never had a stash of oil before but thanks to Pennzoil's Fall rebate last year, their spring rebate this year and FRN programs...I currently have 32 5qt jugs Platinum. That's down from before with the 5 jugs I've used for oil changes already.

Oh yeah, and i love Meijer Mperks, most recent 23 jugs of oil for 423.09 after tax0. (averages out to 18.40 each)

Last edited:
My current Stash

synthetic
60qt of Pennzoil Ultra, Quaker State, Castrol Edge

dino
113qt of Castrol, Valvoline, Quaker State, Pennzoil, Peak, Shell

Easily over 30 oil filters

173qt total so far. All my synthetic was $3 or less per qt and dino was $1.50 or less per qt. I think I need to downsize.

Wow, you folks make my Stash look pitiful!

Mobil 1 HM 5W30: 12 quarts (And growing)
Pennzoil Platiinum 5W30 7 quarts

I'm about to hit WalMart to start my Stash of Mobil 1 5W30, as they currently have it on Roll Back.
cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back