The 6th quart dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.
We would be about an hour NNW of Wapello near the "National Motorcycle Museum and Hall of Fame."

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: leeharvey418
Idiots Out Wandering Around?

Ouch!
grin2.gif

I resemble that.
25.gif

Well, we're happy idiots and all our women are beautiful, cornfed blonds.
happy2.gif

BTW, I was born in Detroit and our family moved to Flint, Mich.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Originally Posted By: volk06
I picked up a 5qt jug of PUP dated mar 24, 2014 with the new labels. I used the FRN code and filled my ecoboost up with Vpower 91 E0 for ~1.00/gallon after all my codes. Now heres the dilemma, my ecoboost needs an OCI. It takes 6qts, I already have 5 but the only place i can find PUP quarts is on amazon for an outrageous price of $51/6qts and pepboys sale for $7.33/qt. I paid 25.17/5qts at walmart. I'm a little OCD about some things and I don't like open 5qt jugs of oil laying around on the shelf and the measurements arent as precise as a 1qt bottle. I also think 1qt bottles nicer and easier to use.

So do I suck it up and buy another 5qt jug, hide it out of sight and let it sit on the self open for the next 9-10 months, suck it up and buy quarts from amazon or do I get a quart of PPPP for my 6th quart? I've never used this in my ecoboost and don't want a lot extra laying around in case "I dont like how it runs" in my engine.

Purchase QTY 2, 5-quart jugs of product.

Since surely you have at least one empty 5-quart jug laying around, pour the full jugs into the one empty jug until each of all jugs have 3.333 quarts (3.15 Liters) of oil.

Now aren't you glad you asked?
grin2.gif

Us I-O-W-A-Ns have to stick together, you know.

Especially around Thanksgiving

I've said a lot of stupid things but this is messed up!

Originally Posted By: deven

I've said a lot of stupid things but this is messed up!

Seriously DEVEN, it's all tongue and cheek.
shocked2.gif

When Iowa had Pheasants to hunt, the day after Thanksgiving would look like an army of blaze orange sweeping down over the valleys and hills of Iowa.

It was sort of like a massive Search Party except there was some serious shootin' going on.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
I used the FRN code and filled my ecoboost up with Vpower 91 E0 for ~1.00/gallon after all my codes.

Doesn't each FRN code just drop the price by 20 cents? How many codes did you get for buying that jug of PUP?

A 0.20/qt (1.00) and I got around $1.50 for signing up during a promotion for a total of $2.50 off per gallon.

I am not sure how to take this post. It is real ?

At $25 USD for 5L this is approx $5 per L. For 1.0 L it costs $7.33 USD. So we are fussing over $2.33 for an extra litre.

This is not OCD.
It is unbelievable.
Things are out of perspective.
That's what BITOG is for to help us sober up.

I have relatives that will spend $40 - $70 AUD for 0.75L bottle of wine when they go to dinner at a restaurant they deem the wine is value for money at that price NO PROBLEM.

However they will whinge at spending $99 AUD for a 5L quality oil change with a quality oil filter.

Work that one out. Are you related to my relatives ?

13.gif
34.gif

Last edited:
Does seem pretty comical and borderline OCD for sure.

Well, if I didn't buy the oil in quarts by the case, I would just buy in gallon jugs. The brand I use is not offered in 5 quart varieties. And only opening 6 bottles, twice a year, is not that big of a deal. These old joints don't hurt that much yet. My semi truck is a whole different deal, since it uses 10 gallons at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back