Michelin Premier A/S ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: leeharvey418
It still makes me wonder how they handle treadwear warranties on directional tires...

Directional tires can be easily rotated front to back, if not staggered.

And asymmetric tires can be rotated side to side...

I just like to grumble whenever I run into a situation where somebody like a warranty writer uses imprecise language. Smile and nod at me, and I'll likely shut up and move on.

I just like to grumble whenever I run into a situation where somebody like a warranty writer uses imprecise language. Smile and nod at me, and I'll likely shut up and move on.

I was the one who said "if the tires can't be rotated". Of course I meant when the application prevents rotation. The actual warranty terms are pretty clear that they mean they'll halve the warranty for rear tires in a mismatched front/rear size application. Again - I also read that as assuming such setups will be rear wheel drive. If there was a front wheel drive setup that couldn't be rotated, I would think the fronts would wear out much faster since they're doing the driving, steering, and (probably) carrying more of the load.

But side to side rotation does little to help even out wear. The greatest wear differences are between front and rear axles.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
The greatest wear differences are between front and rear axles.

Not on my RAV4... that thing absolutely needed a cross-car rotation pattern.

I honestly don't know what the root cause of the wear pattern was... the rear lateral links were nothing too strange, and it didn't seem to have any odd camber. Of course I don't know what the upper end of the suspension was doing as the wheel traveled.

Saw these at BJ's last week. Impressive looking, lots of siping, and they definately do have channels which widen as tread wears.

a2vrwm.jpg

Yes they do!

Just like my set of LTX MS2's on one of our company fleet Silverados.

They have 20k miles on them and I cannot believe how good they look. I drive this truck a lot, as it has short gears (3.73) and has always been a bit 'frisky' since new.

We routinely get 60k miles plus out of these even with aggressive driving, and I am not one to take them down too far...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Just like my set of LTX MS2's on one of our company fleet Silverados.

Of all the wonderful tires Michelin does make, the LTX M/S2 is probably right now their finest over all tire.

Excellent performance in every aspect, and they last forever.

This is my DD tire.

I owned the original LTX M/S on a Nissan Hardbody and was mighty impressed with it. I've actually considered moving my CR-V down to 16" wheels so I could fit 225/ or 235/70R16s from the M/S2 line. Unfortunately, the shortest M/S2 they make in 17" size is 30", and that's an inch too tall...

Instead of bashing the tread depth and Michelin products, does anyone have any real life reviews of the Michelin - Premier A/S tires? I am in the market for new A/S tires for my Subaru Legacy and was looking for something that has some decent winter capability. Wondering if these might fit the bill as I saw them in BJ’s this evening for $145 apiece. Might be worth jumping on if they run that $70 discount which basically covers installation.

Originally Posted By: badtlc
tire rack tested them.

Already read the review and watched the video on Tire rack, also scanned a few of the customer reviews. Was hoping to get some real life feedback from unbiased owners. I find the reviews on Tire rack to be extremes....best tire ever or worst tire I ever owned.

They are at 7/32 new has 8.5. So they have worn 1.5/32 in 15,760 miles. They are wearing at 10,506 miles per 32nd of wear. I took them off now to put my snow tires on, i will update with more pictures next spring/summer as they wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back