War in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.
...umm, the IMF doesn't control much of anything.
If any entity can be said to control what you call "money systems", it would be the US Federal Reserve.
Happily, most third party trade is done in dollars and most nations hold most of their hard currency reserves in dollars, if they can get them and keep them.
You have much to learn about currency floats, flows and reserves as well as how trade actually works. For example, do you understand that there is actually no such thing as a currency denominated trade deficit nor can there be?
A couple of years reading the very conservative "Wall Street Journal" and the very thoughtful "Economist" should get you up to speed.
I know that both are tools of the New World Order and are not nearly as reliable as blogs written by losers totally ignorant of banking, capital markets, trade, currencies and economics.

Sorry the US is not my adopted country. I am on a limited card, when it expires i am gone. What is it exactly you have against Mr Putin.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Sorry the US is not my adopted country. I am on a limited card, when it expires i am gone. What is it exactly you have against Mr Putin.

I see. No need to say anymore.

Oh Brother here we go. You see what exactly? What does my immigration (legal) status and where i choose to live have to do with the price of air at gas stations?
I pay my taxes and play by the rules like anyone else.

Oh Brother here we go. You see what exactly? What does my immigration (legal) status and where i choose to live have to do with the price of air at gas stations?
I pay my taxes and play by the rules like anyone else.

Trav, I will be sorry to see you leave my country. I would be honored to have you as a fellow citizen.

Sadly most of my fellow countrymen have little or no interest in understanding how their country works, the principles involved, and how the US fits into the bigger picture in the world.It is frightening that most here only know what the mass media tells them when it comes to our government.

Proof of that is in how most Americans react and make decisions when incidents happen, like the disastrous invasion and attack on Iraq for just one small example. Finally the general US public learned that the whole excuse for the attack on Iraq was based on LIES offered up by Colin Powell concerning yellow cake nuclear material...yet here we are again looking at entering a possible engagement with Russia because of Ukraine. You can notice that the
big Z media is putting on the full court press with its attack on Russia. If you are aware you can tell it is a clear
propaganda effort to get the sympathy of the American people to get involved with that issue.

The USA is not going to get into a war with Russia. That would be foolish. It is possible that Russia will take over more of Ukraine. Perhaps the entire country. And there will have to be steps taken to make sure Putin does not try to take over other countries.

Putin is trying to rebuild the old Soviet Empire. He will push until he gets major resistance. If he has a chance at an easy conquest of a country he will do it. Weakness encourages more advances by Putin. But resistance and strength does not automatically mean war.

Putin is playing chess. We can't be playing checkers.

While we may not agree on much of anything, you do have clear views that deserve expression.
Putin is exactly what Russia doesn't need.
What Russia needs is an honest regime that will respect property rights and concentrate on the problems of Russia rather than causing problems for the neighbors.
Russia has enormous potential that will never be developed under the present government. There was a time when it appeared that Russia would join the community of serious nations. That time has passed and Putin's Russia instead engages in rogue behavior.
While I have no doubt that the downing of an airliner was a horrible case of mistaken identity, this is exactly the kind of thing that happens when you arm untrained and undisciplined irregular forces.

There is no doubt in my mind the Ukrainians not the rebels or Russia shot that plane down.
The only people who could possibly reap any benefit from it at all is the Ukrainians and Mr i have a pen and a phone for allowing and possibly assisting in the cover up.

This gives Mr i have a pen and Phone the opportunity to look like a tough guy at fund raising events and on TV when talking about Putin
Does anyone really believe that Putin would sanction or even condone shooting down a civil aircraft from a country he has no beef with?
This man is a tough customer true enough but he has a lot of self respect and character and he is a very smart man.

No way in hades is this man doing that and anyone he supports in the background would have their head handed to them for doing this.
He would not put himself or allow anyone to put him in such a bad light in the Court of world public opinion, he has nothing to gain from it.

There is no doubt in my mind the Ukrainians not the rebels or Russia shot that plane down.
The only people who could possibly reap any benefit from it at all is the Ukrainians and Mr i have a pen and a phone for allowing and possibly assisting in the cover up.

This gives Mr i have a pen and Phone the opportunity to look like a tough guy at fund raising events and on TV when talking about Putin
Does anyone really believe that Putin would sanction or even condone shooting down a civil aircraft from a country he has no beef with?
This man is a tough customer true enough but he has a lot of self respect and character and he is a very smart man.

No way in hades is this man doing that and anyone he supports in the background would have their head handed to them for doing this.
He would not put himself or allow anyone to put him in such a bad light in the Court of world public opinion, he has nothing to gain from it.

That's nice and all, but just because you believe in something, doesn't make it true.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
I can't imagine anyone liking him after his complete lack of action of any kind.

This.

Good leadership requires at times requires immediate action.

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing."
Theodore Roosevelt

Right. He should be more like Reagan.

http://on.cc.com/1sJkKMi

Let me fix that.
Quote:
There is little doubt the Ukrainians not the rebels or Russia shot that plane down.

There is zero proof the Russian or the rebels did it. A facebook post that has been debunked and some homemade cell phone videos released by the Ukrainians.

You are listening to the media and accepting it as fact. Same difference.
The truth is coming out and a lot of people are going to have egg on their face.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-07-21...f-warplanes-mh1

There is zero proof the Russian or the rebels did it. A facebook post that has been debunked and some homemade cell phone videos released by the Ukrainians.

You are listening to the media and accepting it as fact. Same difference.
The truth is coming out and a lot of people are going to have egg on their face.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-07-21...f-warplanes-mh1

I was going to ignore your comments until you posted a story written by someone using an popular cult character Tyler Durden as their pen name. Of course do not be distracted by the advertisements for Russian mail order brides on the page. zerohedge is a screaming example of scamming for a buck.

This is an summary of the website.

"Tyler claims to be a "believer in a sweeping conspiracy that casts the alumni of Goldman Sachs as a powerful cabal at the helm of U.S. policy, with the Treasury and the Federal Reserve colluding to preserve the status quo." While this is not an entirely unreasonable statement of the problem, his solution actually mirrors the anatagonist in Fight Club in that Tyler wants, per Austrian school ideas, to lead a catastrophic market crash in order to destroy banking institutions and bring back "real" free market capitalism.[2]

The site posts nearly indecipherable analyses of multiple seemingly unrelated subjects to point towards a consistent theme of economic collapse any day now, and has accurately predicted 200 of the last 2 recessions. Tyler seems to repeat The Economic Collapse Blog's idea of posting blog articles many times a day and encouraging people to post it as far and wide as humanly possible. Tyler moves away from the format of long lists to write insanely dense volumes[3] filled with (often contradicting) jargon that makes one wonder if the writers even know what the words actually mean.[4] The site first appeared in early 2009, meaning that (given Tyler's habit of taking a [censored] on each and every positive data point), anyone listening to him from the beginning missed the entire 2009-2013 rally in the equities market.

The only writer conclusively identified is Dan Ivandjiiski, who conducts public interviews on behalf of Zero Hedge.[5] The blog came online several days after he lost his job at Wexford Capital, a Connecticut-based hedge fund (run by a former Goldman trader). And proceeded to choose his pen name from a nihilistic psychotic delusion.

Zero Hedge is not quite the NaturalNews of economics, but not for want of trying.

Ironically, Zero Hedge has itself been accused of some of the manipulation it claims to expose. A company called Noble Investments Limited claims that a financial consultant paid Zero Hedge and a nut from Forbes to write a defamatory blog post about the company, which he then linked to immediately.
“”Accordingly, just fourteen minutes after the Dalrymple GFC Reptort was published on zerohedge.com, Weinberg published a fully formed blog entry, including pictures, in which he summarized and quoted from the report, and provided readers a link to Ivandjiiski’s blog entry on zerohedge.com where they could download the report. Weinberg did not acknowledge that zerohedge.com had “broken” the story fourteen minutes earlier or state anywhere in the blog that the link from which readers were invited to download the report pointed to Ivandjiiski’s blog entry on zerohedge.com.[20]

The law firm behind the suit describes Zero Hedge as "a portal for people to anonymously distribute derogatory information concerning public companies," giving the impression that Zero Hedge may well have arranged many such pay-to-defame schemes."

More breaking news.

http://www.infowars.com/whistleblower-u-s-satellite-images-show-ukrainian-troops-shooting-down-mh17/

http://www.globalresearch.ca/malaysian-a...warzone/5392540

Now citing Alex Jones. The same Alex Jones has a networth of over 8 million dollars by selling blink and miss play-lets to anyone gullible enough and with the attention span of a 5 year old not to catch his many contradictions in just about every interview and story he has written.

Then globalreasearch the site that has posted such garbage that "ethnic cleansing in Bosnia did not happen".

Trav the preceding are not examples of breaking news.

I believe virtually nothing about the story we're being told.

This entire thing stinks of imperialistic venture, and Putin's not the bad guy here.

What's the obsession with Malaysia Airlines? How many airlines are in existence, why is MA only implicated in these "shoot downs" and "disappearances"

Also, what is this "Russian Separatist" [censored]? What's a 'russian separatist' (no, what REALLY is a "russian separatist"? Sounds like a convenient red herring). How can the USAF and NATO completely fail to down two "hijacked" airliners in 2001, but some ragtag team of "separatists" can take down an aircraft, for no known reason, containing controversial figures, with military precision. Really?

It's all bad theatre, and we are getting the most redacted, edited and plain out deceiving 'story' ever.

Also, what about the genocide in Palestine? Is anyone really 'looking over there' with the MA obsession machine back in full swing?

Originally Posted By: dave1251
More breaking news.

http://www.infowars.com/whistleblower-u-s-satellite-images-show-ukrainian-troops-shooting-down-mh17/

http://www.globalresearch.ca/malaysian-a...warzone/5392540

Now citing Alex Jones. The same Alex Jones has a networth of over 8 million dollars by selling blink and miss play-lets to anyone gullible enough and with the attention span of a 5 year old not to catch his many contradictions in just about every interview and story he has written.

Then globalreasearch the site that has posted such garbage that "ethnic cleansing in Bosnia did not happen".

Trav the preceding are not examples of breaking news.

Perhaps it was a typo and he meant "broken news"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back