Denso Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Denso FTF filters are top notch.

I think they make them for themselves.

They're cans are quite thick (#butthatinnuendotho), and pleats are quite straight. Combine that with a silicone ADBV, and P shaped baseplate o-ring, like some OEM Toyota filters that prevent overtightening, they're top notch.................

For now
whistle.gif

If memory serves, the ones I have purchased were made in Thailand. Mine were purchased from Rock Auto.

As stated, they sure appear to be good quality.

Originally Posted By: Clubber_Lang
What is their filtration percentage?

The Amsoil website lists the Toyota 90915-YZZF2 at 51% @ 20 microns.

Is the OEM Toyota filer a Denso?

Originally Posted By: CELICA_XX
Originally Posted By: Clubber_Lang
What is their filtration percentage?

The Amsoil website lists the Toyota 90915-YZZF2 at 51% @ 20 microns.

Is the OEM Toyota filer a Denso?

Denso is OEM for Toyota, but there are some differences in the Denso branded filters. Denso branded filters that I have used include metal endcaps and silicon ADV as opposed to Toyotas endcapless design and black ADV, which might be nitrile.

As noted above, Denso First Time Fit filters have different construction (classic metal end cap) than the Toyota Denso oem no endcap type that are made in Thailand. At least according to the ones I've seen posted here

As the link below shows they look to be a well made filter, efficiency is vague to unknown but I wouldn't let that keep me from using one. They may be made in the US but not sure about that.

Denso First Time Fit cut open

Denso filters are fine. Similar to Nippon and other filter manufacturers who started out in Japan and then opened plants in other Asian countries like Thailand and Malaysia. They also make decent ignition parts, like spark plugs. For that price, it's an excellent value.

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
They also make decent ignition parts, like spark plugs. For that price, it's an excellent value.

The best !!!

If you have a Toyota and need ANY replacement part, I'd always search for a Denso first.

Top notch products.

I have a few Denso FTF's (150-1003, Thailand) on the shelf for the next oil change on the Lexus. I bought these to replace the Bosch D+'s that I intend to stop using.

I'm probably mistaken but I thought I read someplace that the OEM Toyota Denso filters are made in Japan and the Denso brand filters are made in Thailand.

Weird: All three OEM O2 sensors on my Safari are Denso.

Originally Posted By: paulo57509
I have a few Denso FTF's (150-1003, Thailand) on the shelf for the next oil change on the Lexus. I bought these to replace the Bosch D+'s that I intend to stop using.

I'm probably mistaken but I thought I read someplace that the OEM Toyota Denso filters are made in Japan and the Denso brand filters are made in Thailand.

What's wrong with the Bosch D+? Those are good filters.

Quote:
....I'm probably mistaken but I thought I read someplace that the OEM Toyota Denso filters are made in Japan and the Denso brand filters are made in Thailand.....

The Toyota Denso oem from the factory are made in Japan and are the weird foam column type (also uses similar to some Puro flat spring design bypass) and have been posted here before. The Toyota Denso OEM sold over the counter are Made in Thailand. And as noted above, the pic linked from TacomaWorld confirms that costruction of the Toyota Denso oem and Denso FTF to be very different. No endcap type vs classic construction with silicone adbv.

9844d1127271521-comparisons-of-oil-filters-toyota-denso-fram-4x6lo.jpg

Originally Posted By: sayjac
The Toyota Denso oem from the factory are made in Japan and are the weird foam column type (also uses similar to some Puro flat spring design bypass) and have been posted here before.

Never noticed that before. I'm assuming Toyota Denso has no affiliation with Purolator who uses the same spring design. Patent infringement at some level?
confused.gif

I just bought a bunch of their First Time Fit filters for my girlfriend's Civic, for around $4/each after shipping on Rock Auto. Fingers crossed... I hope they work well! I was going to go with Hastings filters, until I saw that these have a silicone ADBV and were only a few cents more.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Originally Posted By: paulo57509

What's wrong with the Bosch D+? Those are good filters.

Perhaps nothing. Just paranoid guilt by association with a torn Bosch Premium I experienced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back