Any Outdoor Motion Sensors Made Well These Days ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am replacing some of my outdoor motion sensor lights what is a reliable brand these days.. I was told by two electricians rab makes good stuff does anyone know of any other good names?. I tried the big box stores and was very unhappy with the quality, i don't mind spending a little more for good stuff at an electrical supply store.

I'd say none (of them are high quality made these days), esp. Heath-Zenith and the likes, the ones drive by SCR/triac are literally craaappe, seldom last more than 2 yrs, and when they fail, they fail with all kinds of gremlins and misbehaviours.

I was fortunate enough to go back to traditional relay types of motion sensor lights even though the cover angle is stated @ 150degree.

The relay ones are much, much simpler if not reliable...and mine already have 4+yrs of usage on them, everything still stock.

Q.

Buy Rab ,they work well and last. I have three of them on my home installed by the previous owner. Two of them failed (over ten years old) sent them back to RAB with $40 and they replaced them (out of warranty). New units come with a ten year warranty. I believe they are available from amazon if the supply house is too expensive. Company is located in Northvale New Jersey.

Last edited:
I have a RAB that has worked quite well and is reliable.

One thing I've found is that none of them are very reliable when mounted on eaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back