Current Quality of Moto Guzzi Bikes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two friends who have ridden strictly Guzzis for many years and they have had no problems with reliability. I rode one myself once. It ran and handled great but boy, was the gearbox clunky. Worse than my old Harley 4-speed Shovelhead Low Rider.

You get used to the "bang down below" when shifting. I changed the Jackal to Supertech 85W-140 in the gearbox and that quieted her down a lot!

I bought a '14 Norge this Spring. I have about 6k on it now and truly enjoy the bike. I came from an ST1100. I would recommend a Goose to anyone. Guzzis are great bikes and set you apart from the mundane. I laugh at the HD riders who say their bike is unique. 250k produced annually versus about 5k Moto Guzzi.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
^^^Laugh all you want. No one really cares what you ride.

Unless you ride around on a moped. Then it is like dating an ugly girl in many bike circles...fun until someone sees you doing it.

You are missing the point here guys! We are all bikers. We all deal with sharing the road with the cages. It does not matter what you ride, only that you do. The moped drivers deal with the same issues as the sport bike guys. Live Free, Ride Free!

Originally Posted By: OMCWankel
You are missing the point here guys! We are all bikers. We all deal with sharing the road with the cages. It does not matter what you ride, only that you do. The moped drivers deal with the same issues as the sport bike guys. Live Free, Ride Free!

That was nice and very true, thanks !

I agree...all bikes have strengths and weaknesses. Some of us like to be different some of us like to be with the popular kids as far as brand selection goes. As long as no one is a complete snob and realized that just about every MAJOR brand makes decent bikes we should all get along.

Guzzi's are cool...and very long lived. A mate has almost 300k kilometres on his. It dropped a valve a little while ago and tickled the piston. Top end job done....good to go.
1000cc LeMans.
It seems to handle pretty good as well.

I've owned 10 Moto Guzzi motorcycles but currently am without that brand in my collection.

The new generation ov V7's look pretty cool. One thing to check is that there's a split on when they went back to metal fuel tanks and I think that was 2013 - but you should ask. They had quite the problem with the plastic tanks deforming and even developing blisters in the finish.

Also - since the dealer is so far away..... well you get the idea.

A Moto Guzzi is a fine example of Italian design and engineering so you should make sure that you have a spare bike to ride, just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back