Looks like I'll be doing more shopping at Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: hatt
Originally Posted By: 123Saab
Originally Posted By: hatt
And I'm sure all you anti-gun NRA types would be all over them if they did anything illegal.

So you would not be all over them if they did something Illegal?

No I'd support them. Freedom and stuff. You guys were going to bash them no matter what.

So you are saying that you will support people breaking the law, based on "Freedom and stuff"?

So you are saying that you will support people breaking the law, based on "Freedom and stuff"?

Why do you care? You don't support them doing anything, legal or not.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Map of violent crime per 100,000 people in the USA by state in 2004.

Decade old data; I wonder what it looks like today--especially with all of the changes in laws throughout the country (some more restrictive and some less)...

So you would not be all over them if they did something Illegal?

I seem to remember a certain group of guys breaking the law about 1775/1776 or so. Told King George to go pound sound, didn't they? Today they would be called domestic terrorist, although I would prefer to call them patriots. The govt forgets that they are a govt OF THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE, FOR THE PEOPLE. Just because something is a law, doesn't mean that it would stand up to constitutional scrutiny if it was interpreted by the courts.

The more I think about it,having a group of guys walking the stores with rifles in hand would probably scare the [censored] out of little thugging criminal scumbags,preventing them from committing crimes.

I like this idea!

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
The more I think about it,having a group of guys walking the stores with rifles in hand would probably scare the [censored] out of little thugging criminal scumbags,preventing them from committing crimes.

I like this idea!

How do you know they aren't the "little thugging criminal scumbags"?

The bottom line is things are not so bad in this country (yet) that a person has to carry a rifle while shopping. Walking around with a rifle or other weapon while shopping, even if open carry is legal in the area, just causes bad opinions on the part of people observing and more problems for people who are pro-gun in this country. We have enough problems with the radical anti-gunners as it is.

Want to cut down on school shootings and other mass shootings? This needs to be repeated again and again until the anti-gunners listen-MENTAL HEALTH! Most of the people involved in these mass shootings have some kind of mental health issue. The guy out in California killed his first three victims with a knife (no gun required) and he killed another victim with his car (no gun required). Guns are not required to kill people. But mental health problems are a contributing factor in many mass killings.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
The bottom line is things are not so bad in this country (yet) that a person has to carry a rifle while shopping. Walking around with a rifle or other weapon while shopping, even if open carry is legal in the area, just causes bad opinions on the part of people observing and more problems for people who are pro-gun in this country. We have enough problems with the radical anti-gunners as it is.

Your premise is wrong. They're carrying rifles because handguns are illegal. Not because they're scared. The rifles are the protest. Handguns are the goal. Actually the goal is the Right to open carry. Most won't OC. You only need to look at the 40+ states that currently have open carry. This shouldn't even be an issue.

Last edited:
Well, I do know a guy who wanted to make a point about OC on his own land. That was here in Colorado. He got into some issues with the sheriff department patrol deputies about all of that. I can't remember all the details about that. I don't think they arrested him, but they were not very happy about his OC.

Frankly I have never openly carried a gun in Colorado unless I was at a target range so I really don't know if Colorado is open carry or not. Some current politicians in Colorado with help from wealthy out of state supporters have tried to have stricter gun control in Colorado. A lot of people were very unhappy with the out of state wealthy people interfering in Colorado and some politicians wound up being recalled. Not trying to get into politics but that is what happened.

Personally I am a member of the NRA and I like guns and believe in gun ownership by law abiding citizens (not by criminals) but I don't believe in alienating people whose support might be needed when they see people needlessly carrying rifles or handguns or whatever. No telling what is going to happy in the future but right now things are not so dangerous that shoppers need to carry AR-15s around, in my opinion.

People can get a permit for concealed carry. That is probably the way to go.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
Well, I do know a guy who wanted to make a point about OC on his own land. That was here in Colorado. He got into some issues with the sheriff department patrol deputies about all of that. I can't remember all the details about that. I don't think they arrested him, but they were not very happy about his OC.

Obviously the guy wasn't breaking any laws or had any kind of criminal background, or he probably would have been arrested. The cops need to leave people alone unless they are breaking laws ... period. Cops don't make the laws, they ONLY enforce them.

Going through elections is the way to make change.

And you have to be careful about challenging the system. For example in a county the sheriff has a lot of power and OC or not you don't want to make certain people angry.

Various federal agencies right now are going beyond the law and ignoring criminal activity on the part of some. It is happening now-is that not the truth? And they are getting away with it.

And that is exactly what people can do if they have problems with a certain store chain. Just stop going to that store.

I visited a small store where I live some time back. A store that carries gift items, cards, and things like that. I asked if I could buy Christmas cards there. The guy who owns the store made it very clear that they don't carry items like that. Well, I have not visited the store since. He does not have to carry Christmas cards (he owns the store) and I don't have to go to his store.

Originally Posted By: johnachak
Originally Posted By: GutsyGecko
I open carry handgun all the time in ohio... I never really have a problem... Most people don't even notice.

Wow, are things that bad in Ohio now?

Questions question, see location, then understands. Sad...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

That is non argument, but it may be arguable when you look at real data.

I'm always intrigued by these facts regarding gun violence by state, given the data which shows the states with strict controls, vs., say, SC or FL. A personal analysis for safety, by the numbers, Im a bit safer in NJ than in PA, which has far more lax rules.

1000px-US_Violent_Crime_2004.svg.png

Map of violent crime per 100,000 people in the USA by state in 2004.

From here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_United_States

What's interesting to me is that many southern states with borders open known for the smuggling of weapons, people, and drugs from Mexico with no way of slowing it down are also less safe than a state known for Italian thug wannabes.

FIXT

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back