gulf motor oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the heck, autocorrect changed un heated to unseated! I have to leave a space for it not to change it. My garage is un heated.

Just when I thought Gulf Service Stations pumping gas were gone for good.....I had a major wake up call last summer on a drive to Nova Scotia. There are plenty of Gulf Pride gas stations all the way up through New England. I'd say that the target market for Good Gulf is the NE area.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: engineer20
Thanks for the serious replies, as for the jokers, well, meh. Anyways, I guess gulf is legit and I'll try it at the quick lube place sometime in the cold winter where I don't want to freeze to death in my I heated garage

I usually wash my car and hand wash it, but not in the winter. True story, my car wash froze, the soap, froze one time when I washed the car when I was a teen. After that, I learned not to wash the car or work on them in the winter anymore

Brilliant deduction in freezing weather.

Thanks for the serious replies, as for the jokers, well, meh. Anyways, I guess gulf is legit and I'll try it at the quick lube place sometime in the cold winter where I don't want to freeze to death in my I heated garage

I usually wash my car and hand wash it, but not in the winter. True story, my car wash froze, the soap, froze one time when I washed the car when I was a teen. After that, I learned not to wash the car or work on them in the winter anymore

Gulf oil works fine. Although I still do my own oil changes, even in the dead of winter. I hate the thought of anyone doing an oil change on my cars aside from me.
smile.gif

Nu-Tier is actually a supporter of PQIA. Their full synthetic meets Dexos1 and is probably as good as any major synthetic such as Havoline or QSUD...

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe

Gulf oil works fine. Although I still do my own oil changes, even in the dead of winter. I hate the thought of anyone doing an oil change on my cars aside from me.
smile.gif

Same here, I'm a 70 year old man, I've changed my own oil since I started driving my own car at the age of 15, in 55 years of driving no one has ever changed my oil other than myself, even tho I live within 5 miles of the Michigan state line, and I've always done it outside.

it depends on the weather
if it was like last winter when it was -20 for multiple days in a row, I think I won't change my own oil. last winter was especially cold

if it was like last winter when it was -20 for multiple days in a row, I think I won't change my own oil. last winter was especially cold

The temperature generally doesn't bother me as much as a windy day blowing it all over. But I usually do schedule oil changes according to the forecast.....

While Detroit did have one of the worst winters on record with much more snow than normal, many days of 20 below is a bit of a stretch. Actually 74 days below 32 degrees and 13 days below zero.

Almost the same as in Northern Indiana.

With that all said I too will put off changing oil a few days for better/warmer weather at times. In my 55 years of driving I never have noticed any problem doing that.

That's why I usually do 6 month OCIs, one around Thanksgiving and the other around Memorial Day. They're basically six months apart, and one puts fresh oil in for the winter before it gets too cold. The other puts fresh oil in for the summer before the weather gets too hot.

The same schedule I try to do also, but it doesn't always work out that way, I do a change every 5,000 miles for my vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back