Amsoil Fuel Stabilizer and Octane Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of quick questions about Amsoil Gasoline Stabilizer (http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/fuel-additives/gasoline/gasoline-stabilizer/?code=ASTCN-EA):

1) Does the 16oz bottle have measuring lines or some easy way to measure out the correct fluid dose when treating gasoline for storage? Or will I have to use a measuring device of my own for every use?

2) What is the storage time frame when using Amsoil's Gasoline Stabilizer with 10% ethanol-based gasoline?

3) Is there any real advantage to using 89 or 93 octane gasoline in OPE, including tractors, string trimmers, etc.? What is the general consensus about higher octane gasoline?

My husqvarna mower runs best on 93. The amsoil has markings for measurement. I don't really see a need for fuel stabilizer. I use Quickshot which cleans AND stabilizes

Originally Posted By: lubedude13
My husqvarna mower runs best on 93. The amsoil has markings for measurement. I don't really see a need for fuel stabilizer. I use Quickshot which cleans AND stabilizes

How do you add the Quickshot? Amsoil's website says:

Quote:
Quickshot is designed for an initial clean-up dose of 8 oz. per 6 gallons of gasoline, followed by 8 oz. per 12 gallons thereafter.

Do you add it to your gas can when pumping fresh fuel? If so, what ratio do you use?

I usually fill a 30 gallon barrel with gas at the beginning of summer for the wife to fill the mower as the summer goes by. We have a little over 2 acre yard to mow. It is E10 gas. I generally dose the fuel, when I fill the barrel, with Quickshot and we also use a Mr. Funnel when we pump the gas into the riding mower. My last mower racked up over 500 hrs this way, with no problems, and my current one is getting the same treatment. The E10 is simple 87 octane variety.

I have stored some gas for up to two years using the Stablizer product, and it worked just fine when I got around to using it. Everything depends on where and how you store any fuel. I have a dedicated fuel/oil garage that containers get stored in.

There are some applications that higher octane can make a difference, I suppose. I just have done fine with regular for years and have had no real reason to buy premium for any of my vehicles or smaller engines. I might be missing out on some better benefit, but since things have worked just fine, I have not had the motivation to do anything different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back