The 6th quart dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jorton
^ Use PYB

Why would he cheapen his oil with adding PYB to the PP? What is there to be gained? 2-3 bucks?

Originally Posted By: sicko
Originally Posted By: oldhp
Originally Posted By: Triton_330
Originally Posted By: jorton
^ Use PYB

+1

Seconded.

+1 thirded-ed

+1 that's exactly what I was thinking when I first read the original post on this thread.

+5 (Fifth'ed)
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: heynow
This is beyond "a little OCD"
And light years beyond "first world problems"

I would suggest professional help.

Kinda my thinking, as well.

If what to do with an odd quart of leftover oil keeps you awake at night, you really need to step back and take a breath. Or at least find a lawnmower to throw the oil into...

Originally Posted By: leeharvey418
Originally Posted By: heynow
This is beyond "a little OCD"
And light years beyond "first world problems"

I would suggest professional help.

Kinda my thinking, as well.

If what to do with an odd quart of leftover oil keeps you awake at night, you really need to step back and take a breath. Or at least find a lawnmower to throw the oil into...

You two are some arrogant people. No where did I say this was a "problem" and no where is this keeping me up at night. I don't like having opened 5qt jugs of oil, NOT single quarts. Do you know what my current living situation is? NO. Maybe there is a reason why I don't want an opened 5qtt jug laying around? So your bigoted "get professional help" when getting other peoples opinions on what they do for the 6th quart is nothing but an @$$hole comment.

I would just use Platinum to complete the OC. If you find that PUP is "the oil" simply acquire six 5QT jugs giving you 5 OCs. I have a similar situation with my FX4 (it takes 7 QTs per OC) and back when I was running PU, I bought seven 5 QT jugs giving me 5 OCs. I now have a stash of M1 AFE and EP, but I have not looked to see if I have the correct number of jugs to equate the number required to divide evenly within none left over.

Originally Posted By: volk06
You two are some arrogant people.

Slow your roll, friend. If you think a little good-natured ribbing is arrogant, you probably shouldn't be on the interwebs.

There's another thread that popped up yesterday, in which the OP is fretting over what to do about the odd tenth of a quart that his owner's manual says should go in the crankcase... this reminded me of that. I realize that the graduations on the side of the five quart jug aren't exact quarts, but at the end of the day, you have a dipstick to tell you whether you hit the mark or not. And I don't know your living situation, but I do know that all the years I spent living in apartments, I sucked it up and accepted the fact that changing my own oil just wasn't practical.

So... yeah. Sorry for offending you.

Originally Posted By: leeharvey418
You two are some arrogant people.

Slow your roll, friend. If you think a little good-natured ribbing is arrogant, you probably shouldn't be on the interwebs.

There's another thread that popped up yesterday, in which the OP is fretting over what to do about the odd tenth of a quart that his owner's manual says should go in the crankcase... this reminded me of that. I realize that the graduations on the side of the five quart jug aren't exact quarts, but at the end of the day, you have a dipstick to tell you whether you hit the mark or not. And I don't know your living situation, but I do know that all the years I spent living in apartments, I sucked it up and accepted the fact that changing my own oil just wasn't practical.

So... yeah. Sorry for offending you.

So saying someone needs "professional help" is a good natured comment?

Having a 6 qt. sump and 5 qt. bottles makes for building up a larger stash. LOL Look for oil change specials that include 5 qts. of oil and a filter. Buy one of those specials, and 5 5 qt. jugs of oil, you'll become part of the [BOHS] The Bitog Oil Hoarders Society. It's an elite group, and you'll have a large stash of oil, with no leftovers as long as your car doesn't use oil.
smile.gif

So saying someone needs "professional help" is a good natured comment?

I did't say that, so I can't speak directly to it... what I can say is that unless someone bluntly insults you, it's best to take everything you read around these parts as friendly.

You two are some arrogant people. No where did I say this was a "problem"

You yourself have stated that you're OCD, and the example you've given certainly confirms it. OCD can be a problem and may need professional help sometimes. Trying to convince yourself that it's not a problem may be perceived as denial.
smile.gif

Then again, majority of us BITOGers are OCD to some extent - that's why we're members here.

My suggestion: grow some thicker skin. Don't take everything so seriously.

Honestly guys. Why are you giving Volk06 so much attention.

Several of you have honestly tried to help him only to have him spit on your advice.

OP: questions have been answered and solutions offered. You can complain all you want about the odd bit of sarcasm. But, honestly, your original post is a bit silly.

Originally Posted By: fredf
Several of you have honestly tried to help him only to have him spit on your advice.

This was a little grumpy, but I wouldn't call it spitting:

Thanks for your completely useless comment, which has nothing to do with any recommendations.

Of course it might be taken as a little hypocritical after the OP contained a gratuitous brag about getting Shell gas for ~$1.00 a gallon...

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
You two are some arrogant people. No where did I say this was a "problem"

You yourself have stated that you're OCD, and the example you've given certainly confirms it. OCD can be a problem and may need professional help sometimes. Trying to convince yourself that it's not a problem may be perceived as denial.
smile.gif

Then again, majority of us BITOGers are OCD to some extent - that's why we're members here.

My suggestion: grow some thicker skin. Don't take everything so seriously.

Thanks for your comments and advice, I'll try and remember it. I just don't take kindly to people saying that stuff when they know nothing about me.

I used the FRN code and filled my ecoboost up with Vpower 91 E0 for ~1.00/gallon after all my codes.

Doesn't each FRN code just drop the price by 20 cents? How many codes did you get for buying that jug of PUP?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
I used the FRN code and filled my ecoboost up with Vpower 91 E0 for ~1.00/gallon after all my codes.

Doesn't each FRN code just drop the price by 20 cents? How many codes did you get for buying that jug of PUP?

A 0.20/qt (1.00) and I got around $1.50 for signing up during a promotion for a total of $2.50 off per gallon.

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
A side question--you were running Kendall in it before or was that another vehicle?

It currently has Kendall in it with 3400mi, 10 months, and 18% OLM.

A 0.20/qt (1.00) and I got around $1.50 for signing up during a promotion for a total of $2.50 off per gallon.

Nice!

A side question--you were running Kendall in it before or was that another vehicle?

So you are switching to Pennzoil Ultra Platinum? Any particular reason? Kendall not working or another reason?

So you are switching to Pennzoil Ultra Platinum? Any particular reason? Kendall not working or another reason?

I want something more readily available and something that will have a little TBN retention over a longer OCI. The kendall has done great but im sure the TBN will be lower than 1.4 this time which is pushing my comfort zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back