Contemplating 7/8 Passenger Vehicle Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pilot is in its last cycle year life. Odyssey has another year so is the sienna. I would consider the Durango and/or Highlander.

I have a lot of kids/stepkids and really wouldn't consider anything but the GC/T&C. I get very few comfort complaints from the 3 princesses.

Originally Posted By: dparm
The Odyssey is getting a lot of praise from the auto journalists. You should seriously consider it.

Honda is still selling reliable vehicles, but others have caught up and possibly surpassed them.

I'm sick to death of the Honda Odyssey. Neighbors across the street have one and I have to see it come and go about 30 times a day. I kid you not, they'll make 5 short trips in the span of 20 minutes. And EACH time they go, the garage door goes up and down.
mad.gif

I'm sick to death of the Honda Odyssey. Neighbors across the street have one and I have to see it come and go about 30 times a day. I kid you not, they'll make 5 short trips in the span of 20 minutes. And EACH time they go, the garage door goes up and down.
mad.gif
[/quote]

You must live across the street from my house as that sounds like the traffic pattern of our Honda Odyssey...thus the reason to own one!

There's an Odyssey owner down the street from us who drives her kids to the school bus stop every day. She backs out. She drives two houses down to the corner. She idles for 10 minutes. She turns around and drives two houses back to home. This is done at least every morning, and I imagine every afternoon as well.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
There's an Odyssey owner down the street from us who drives her kids to the school bus stop every day. She backs out. She drives two houses down to the corner. She idles for 10 minutes. She turns around and drives two houses back to home. This is done at least every morning, and I imagine every afternoon as well.

If it's two houses, why can't the kids just do it themself?

The Durango was always at the top of my list, and would have been my next replacement. It looks the best, has an available Hemi, and it consistently wins comparisons:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/suvs/1408_the_big_test_2014_three_row_crossovers/

However, our current Jeep is leaving a real sore taste in our mouth. We love driving it, but it has had more problems than our last 10 vehicles combined. Since the Durango is based on the same platform, I would probably go back to Ford SUVs (Explorer). Yes, I know CR rates them worse yet in reliability, but that doesn't mean much to me.

Originally Posted By: domer10
Your going to let problems from a very used 2005 sway your decision on purchasing a 2014?

If those problems are still lingering into 2014 models, then yes.
smile.gif

If the latest and greatest isn't a concern, the Pilot is a smart buy right now. It's actually a model year overdue for a replacement and there are great deals to be had on a vehicle with all the bugs worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back