Genuine Toyota Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of my posts are done on an ipad, I can't believe how many typos I've made or stupid autocorrect fixes my ipad keeps making, just a side note. GreT lol. Great.

But their site has me convinced that toyota oems are the best

Wow only a 50% effici. Purolator pure ones are 99.9 and so are the Bosch premiums. Anyone had any experiences with Bosch and are they good for synthetic oil and extended drains? Boschs are supposedly 99.9 and they look well constructed but are rather expensive from autozone

Originally Posted By: engineer20
But their site has me convinced that toyota oems are the best

Well, they didn't mention anything about the efficiency - probably for a reason.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: UG_Passat
the denso filter is not a foam filter.

It's wound differently that packs in a lot of filter in a small space.

oilfilter.jpg

That's certainly an interesting media layout design.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite

the OEM Lexus Topyota P/n 90915-10004/3 are some sort of density (Foam/Synfibre) media - not pleated like you've shown - unless they made a running change. Ive ripped a few apart back in the days of my failing toyota engines ( 2AZ, 1nz) due to inappropriate spec/qc Thailand Denso filters.

looky HERE >
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1409407&page=1

What was it about the Denso filters that made your engines fail?

Last edited:
I run the 90915-YZZG1 in my Tacoma. It says Made In the USA on it. Very nice filter IMO. I had startup noise when running WIX 51348 and Purolator PL10241. The Toyota filter has no startup noise. I only run mine 5k

i heard the toyota guy never bowed down on US soil

they're supposedly all about honor and bowing, so i guess that's a huge insult to not bow on US soil in their culture

do they really hate us but just love our money?

they're supposedly all about honor and bowing, so i guess that's a huge insult to not bow on US soil in their culture

Mr. Toyoda went to University here in the US, and knows well enough that bowing is not required by our culture. He did give an apology, which is something some US car companies only recently learned how to do.

is this post your actual reason for being on BITOG?

No, someone just said the toyota guy bowed down on every countries soil except for ours which I found surprising. I don't care for bowing but if he did it everywhere except for here in the good ole USA, that says something.

No, someone just said the toyota guy bowed down on every countries soil except for ours which I found surprising. I don't care for bowing but if he did it everywhere except for here in the good ole USA, that says something.

This is an oil filter thread, not a discussion on cultural protocol.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Looks very clogged and partially decomposed. Watch how the dudes fingers were able to pull the foam apart easily. Would hate to get a chunk of that causing a blockage somewhere. that visual formed my opinion which is all it is, opinion. No facts behind it.

That filter, although it says made in japan on it, is not made in japan but made in china and sold through alibaba's chinese channels. A fake contraband item.

oilfilter.jpg

That's the old design that hasn't been made for years.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
After I watched this video of a Toyota OE foam, I would say pass entirely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cloYFhPwsHc

Yea I know, I have seen Toyota Oil Filters cut open and they look Terrible. However I wonder what Toyota has to say why they make there oil filter like that?

Perhaps its good??? Perhaps the DIRT and SLUDGE is in the the filter media where it belongs?

Perhaps the filter media is made to suck up as much dirt as it can and thats why the oil filter is suppose to be changed frequently.

I mean think about it????

If the oil filter is DIRTY and full of sludge then that is DIRT and SLUDGE that is no longer in your Engine or colleting in the bottom of your oil pan.

I know some people thave Toyota Supras with 35 PSI Turbos and some with 2 Turbos on them and I ask them what oil filter do you use? and I would say do you use K&N or Fram Ultra or Royal Purple, and they ALL told me NO.. They use Toyota Dealer Oil Filters.... They said a car company as good as Toyota the tech made the oil filter that way for a reason.

Makes you say Hmmmm dont it?

Think about it?

Id rather have the DIRT and SLUDGE in the Filter and not in the Engine.

So who knows.

Unless you get a brand 2 new Toyotas and run 1 with the Dealer oil filter and 2nd remove the dealer filter and put on say a FRAM TOUGH GAURD and drive for 5000 miles and cut them open and see...

If the Tough Gaurd is nice and clean and the Toyota is FULL of DIRT and SLUDGE then that would mean the Toyota Filter did its Job...

Think about it.

Perhaps the Toyota filter is manufactured by the cheapest manufacturer to a low price point and minimum spec level to maximize the profit of the car company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back