Arco now Top Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT I never realized until this past weekend that Quik Trip was top tier rated, saw it on one of their tankers and just now on the posted link. They have some of the lowest prices on I-85 in SC going to and from Atlanta. Nice clean convenience stores too.

Thanks for the link.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
OT I never realized until this past weekend that Quik Trip was top tier, saw it on one of their tankers and now on the posted link. They have some of the lowest prices on I-85 in SC going to and from Atlanta. Nice clean convenience stores too.

Thanks for the link.

The costs are minimal and it's a good marketing tool. All a fuel seller would need to do is select an additive package that's been certified to meet the Top Tier requirements, and have it metered (in approved concentration) into the tanker at the fuel terminal. I've heard excuses as to why some companies refuse to participate. One sent replies to a poster here that they felt that excessive detergents on a regular basis would harm engines.

Thank you!
smile.gif

Now If I can keep that 2% water out of the ethanol so you don't get a tank of better than 50% Alcohol from time to time ...

TT appears to be self policing. Worthless in general I tell ya as our local Shell station provided the worst gasoline in the area. Another Shell 15 miles from my house in Raymond NH seemed to provide good stuff. Does this make sense? No! Both have new UgST. N

1.How do I become a TOP TIER (TT) gasoline marketer?

Step 1: Contact your detergent additive supplier about becoming TOP TIER.

Step 2: Obtain the TOP TIER performance testing data from your detergent additive supplier.

Step 3: Submit the TOP TIER performance testing data to the TOP TIER sponsors for review.

Step 4: Sign the TOP TIER Attestation Form which claims your exact detergent type and treat rate for use at your service stations.

Step 5: Sign a TOP TIER license agreement.

Congratulations! You are in the TOP TIER program for 1 year and can renew as desired.

Last edited:
OT I never realized until this past weekend that Quik Trip was top tier rated, saw it on one of their tankers and just now on the posted link. They have some of the lowest prices on I-85 in SC going to and from Atlanta. Nice clean convenience stores too.

Thanks for the link.

Quik Trip was the first TT rated brand.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: badtlc

Thanks for the link.

Correct along with Chevron.

Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
www.arco.com/quality-top-tier-gas/?mid

I always thought ARCO was good gas despite the opinions out there. One of my buddies admits he uses it on ocassion but he believes it burns faster than Chevron or Shell.

To me a full tank of gas is better for less than a full one that cost you 15 bucks more out of ones wallet.

Durango

Originally Posted By: Durango
Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
www.arco.com/quality-top-tier-gas/?mid

I always thought ARCO was good gas despite the opinions out there. One of my buddies admits he uses it on ocassion but he believes it burns faster than Chevron or Shell.

To me a full tank of gas is better for less than a full one that cost you 15 bucks more out of ones wallet.

Durango

15 bucks more per tank? Arco at best is around 20 cents per gallon less. My math could be wrong but to make up that cost you would need to fill up with 75 gallons of fuel. What are you filling up a dump truck?

dave1251,

When I had my Durango which had a 25 gallon gas tank it felt like it was 15 bucks more!!! Sorry if my math was incorrect as it was off the top of my head.

Durango

dave1251 15 bucks more per tank? Arco at best is around 20 cents per gallon less. My math could be wrong but to make up that cost you would need to fill up with 75 gallons of fuel. What are you filling up a dump truck? [/quote said:
My Motorhome holds 80 gallons and gets about 8.5 MPG. 20 cents a gallon adds up.

Originally Posted By: badtlc

Thanks for the link.

QT is kinda new to SE area but seem to be growing quickly along I-85. No idea they had been around long enough to be the first. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back