pennzoil synthetic blend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: engineer20
I'm serious, the bottle mentions 50% synthetic. All I wanted to know was how was it based on your experiences compared to motorcraft and I didn't wanna be made fun of or laughed at. Maybe I am lonely, but seriously, this is the only hobby I have, going to the store every weekend to look at oil change specials, it's like my only entertainment, I know, sad, but I'm a very esoteric person with a rather pathetic life and I'm not afraid to admit it and my newfound d love of moto oil gets me going and gives me purpose in life.

How is pennzoil platinum compares to motorcraft syn blend and is the fifty percent their platinum or is it another oil?

Nah man, don't take it that we're making fun of you or anything. Your threads just have a way of going all over the place. Go back and look at your posts, your first post on the site is a perfect example. Look at all the different topics you hit on in that one post. You were talking about oils, OCIs, tutorials, jack stands, all the different jack stands and oils you saw on sale, your MPG and routine maintenance, etc. It's just a lot to put into one post and expect people to realistically be able to help you. If you had just focused on asking for tutorials, we would've been able to address it better. Then you could've asked about oil and filter recommendations for your car, etc. But to put it all at once, it's overwhelming to the reader and is actually distracting more than it is about being complete. Like I said, I find it entertaining, but too much for me to keep up and follow, so I just view it as entertainment and move on.

Trust me, you're not alone, all of us here are oil nerds. Think about it, every single one of us here gathers online to talk about motor oil, there's no way you can convince me that's not nerdy. My friends joke with me about it, and i admit it's nerdy. But I really enjoy motor oil. I've come to the realization that what keeps me interested in it is the fact that there is no best oil (so if that's what you're looking for, you'll never find it, and don't listen to anyone who says they know which one is the absolute best). That's what keeps me entertained, I love going through trying to figure out which one is best, but one doesn't exist. If one oil was the best, I'd get bored. I'd find what's best for me, and that'd be it. But there isn't a best, and it makes me wish I needed to change my oil more often just so I can try different oils.

You're not pathetic man, all of us here are nerds like that whether we admit it or not. It's just the way you communicate through your posts, they're all over the place. But like I said, I find it entertaining.

Hi......My name is LckydevL

And I am not an oil nerd.

I am a maintenance enthusiast, thank you very much.

It just so happens my vast knowledge base is more than my friends can comprehend. So they make fun of me and call me a nerd. I don't harbor any bad feelings towards them. But they will never hear from me which oil has the lowest Noack percentage and is possibly the best bet for their new 60K midlife crisis.

So there, I win again.

Originally Posted By: engineer20
Maybe I am lonely, but seriously, this is the only hobby I have, going to the store every weekend to look at oil change specials, it's like my only entertainment, I know, sad, but I'm a very esoteric person with a rather pathetic life and I'm not afraid to admit it and my newfound d love of moto oil gets me going and gives me purpose in life.

Wow, just wow....

Creepy as [censored] IMO.

Please change your forum name.

No engineer of any type would post [censored] like this.

Everyone is different and expresses themselves the best they can. He hasnt insulted anyone nor lashed out at the few in this thread that find it necessary to attack his style. Lets have some patience...

Last edited:
It should be noted that Engineer's projected OCI is 3-5k miles, thus.....

In this context, I believe it reasonable to say, as has been said more than once, that ALL SN/name-brand oils, conventional, blend, or synthetic, meeting his cars specifications (5w-30) will protect the engine...

...but after being given this advice, he refuses to accept it, introducing instead another alternative to continue the threads....

...and he will continue to do so because, well because he hasn't yet exhausted them all...yet.

Personally, my concern is that he has admitted to committing several errors AFTER getting advice as to what NOT to do...and getting further and deeper into his engine may cause irreparable damage...that the best advice for him is to see a professional in person rather than us here on the net.

Originally Posted By: KitaCam
It should be noted that Engineer's projected OCI is 3-5k miles, thus.....

In this context, I believe it reasonable to say, as has been said more than once, that ALL SN/name-brand oils, conventional, blend, or synthetic, meeting his cars specifications (5w-30) will protect the engine...

...but after being given this advice, he refuses to accept it, introducing instead another alternative to continue the threads....

...and he will continue to do so because, well because he hasn't yet exhausted them all...yet.

Personally, my concern is that he has admitted to committing several errors AFTER getting advice as to what NOT to do...and getting further and deeper into his engine may cause irreparable damage...that the best advice for him is to see a professional in person rather than us here on the net.

I unfortunately agree with this post.

thanks for all the serious replies
but yeah, maybe I'm a little "different"
but you seriously should not make fun of me online, or PM me if you have a problem

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Originally Posted By: Char Baby
http://www.pennzoil.com/motor-oil/pennzoil-gold-motor-oil/#Warranty

I have never seen/read that any syn/blend motor oil is 50% synoil!

It helps to look in the correct place...
http://www.pennzoil.com/motor-oil/pennzoil-synthetic-blend-dexos1/#Benefits

Hmmm, I thought I had!
smile.gif

Poor engineer20! Still waiting for an answer!
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: sicko

Trust me, you're not alone, all of us here are oil nerds. Think about it, every single one of us here gathers online to talk about motor oil, there's no way you can convince me that's not nerdy. My friends joke with me about it, and i admit it's nerdy. But I really enjoy motor oil. I've come to the realization that what keeps me interested in it is the fact that there is no best oil (so if that's what you're looking for, you'll never find it, and don't listen to anyone who says they know which one is the absolute best). That's what keeps me entertained, I love going through trying to figure out which one is best, but one doesn't exist. If one oil was the best, I'd get bored. I'd find what's best for me, and that'd be it. But there isn't a best, and it makes me wish I needed to change my oil more often just so I can try different oils.

All of that ^^^ ALL of it... explains me to a perfect T.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back