Did I do something detrimental by adding MOS2???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I added about 3ounces of MOS2 to my crankcase on my 08 Road King Classic yesterday. "After" I got done adding it I read on the back that its not recommended for wet clutch applications!! My question being -- I put it in the crank case and what would that have anything to do with the wet clutch?? I did NOT add it to the primary or transmission!! I did start it but have not rode it yet, should I drain the oil and replace with new oil & filer immediately?? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

Your vehicle has separate sumps for crankcae, transmission, and primary drive chain. If you added MoS2 to the crankcase then it will have no impact on the clutch or transmission. Adding to the Harley-Davidson crankcase is just like adding to your car's engine.

I personally am a fan of Lubro-Moly MoS2.

What FowVay said, I added the L-M Ceratec to my Harley engine last oil change and after 5,000 miles I will change the oil and then start the Mos2 at every change for 30,000 miles.

Safe in The Harleys! Stuff works great, use with confidence. Just don't add it to your [censored] bikes that share the crankcase oil with the trans/clutch!

haha,,I once tried to write a review on the Advance Autoparts web page regarding a radiator I had purchased. They asked that I rate and review the product and give a brief description of the installation.

I happened to use the term draincock for the drain valve and they flagged my whole review. It's sad that our society has gotten so sensitive that we can't even use correct terminology to review a car part.

J a p is a very derogatory term. I put it into the same category as the derogatory term for black skinned people.

Yes, the automated forum censors can go overboard. On this forum I had male and female electrical connectors censored out.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Issue #1 -
putting MoS2 in modern motor oil. Not needed OR wanted in a good oil. Enjoy the crusty ring grooves.

Blah blah. OP you will be fine

Issue #1 -
putting MoS2 in modern motor oil. Not needed OR wanted in a good oil. Enjoy the crusty ring grooves.

When can one expect those crusty ring grooves? Is it after 100000 miles since I put over 100000 miles on a mustang with mos2 in the sump and at tear down there certainly wasn't any crust on the ring lands at all.
When I went big bore on my Harley the only part of the piston that was clean were the ring lands,Zander I've used mos2 in that bike since new.
Just wondering when I should expect the problem to surface,since in my experience using the stuff in everything I've never seen the problem,or any problem arise.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Issue #1 -

Blah blah. OP you will be fine

I don't agree with you often Greg but this post is beer worthy.

I understand but J A P was born out of hatred during WW2... its a war time slur... in
the real world there are no abbreviation for the Japanese people...
JPN is the accepted three letter code for the Island of Japan...

If you fought in the Pacific in WW2... I think you might have a good reason to
refer to the Japanese as "J A P S"... after they were trained to use that word...
other than that would it kill people today to type the whole word???

how-to-title.gif

howto03.gif

howto05.jpg

howto06.jpg

howto07.jpg

howto08.jpg

Here's a nice [censored] powered Norton.

norton+[censored]+engine.jpg

By the way, [censored] stands for John Alfred Prestwich.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back