13 Focus Trans/Oil Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some pics I took earlier when I changed the oil, before I brought it into the local dealership to get looked at. The leak appears to be coming from between the engine and trans bellhousing. There was a TSB for some 12/13 Foci regarding the Input shaft seal. I made it clear to the service guy that if there is indeed oil in the bellhousing, I want the clutchpack replaced as well.

ieAH6Na.jpg

LrzWnaK.jpg

Good luck getting the clutch replaced under warranty if it isn't oil contaminated.

Yup. All of them leak like that. My buddy works at a Ford dealer, says they just brake clean the clutch

Had that problem with a new Saturn once. They got it fixed on the third try. They did replace the clutch at one point when I brought it in for a slipping clutch at 23k. I didn't mention the leak, just said the clutch was slipping. The sales desk lady said well clutches don't normally slip with that few miles. I knew what it was. When they tore it apart for the third time they replaced it no questions asked. Lasted another 230k till I got rid of it.

Nick, I think you said earlier that the TSB indicates that clutch pack replacement should be included if it's found to be contaminated with fluid, right? I guess the only sticking point would be whether or not the technician determines that the clutches have been contaminated.

Originally Posted By: beast3300
Yup. All of them leak like that. My buddy works at a Ford dealer, says they just brake clean the clutch

Being the dissatisfied owner of an '09 Focus, why am I NOT surprised?

Originally Posted By: andrewg

... and you made it your life's mission to warn all the rest of the poor and unsuspecting public. Good for you!
crazy.gif

Oh, you may want to check out Trav's thread about his most recent purchase of 05 Honda Odyssey that had the engine so sludged up that some poor shmuck unloaded that pos for few hundred bucks. Of course, Trav being a smart fellar, will fix it up and sell it to some other shmuck that thinks these things will run forever, because it has the "H" emblem, and will pay top dollar for it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Originally Posted By: andrewg

... and you made it your life's mission to warn all the rest of the poor and unsuspecting public. Good for you!
crazy.gif

Oh, you may want to check out Trav's thread about his most recent purchase of 05 Honda Odyssey that had the engine so sludged up that some poor shmuck unloaded that pos for few hundred bucks. Of course, Trav being a smart fellar, will fix it up and sell it to some other shmuck that thinks these things will run forever, because it has the "H" emblem, and will pay top dollar for it.

Oh...I see. I'm not supposed to express my opinion on a message board unless it agrees with the status quo then? Or just you?
Look pal....I've had a very bad experience with the car and as a consumer I EXPECT much more than what my crummy Focus has given me. Why do you get upset about that? And what's the deal about painting me as a Honda guy like I even said a thing in this thread about my Ridgeline? I have no doubt that Honda made some lemons....as does any car maker.
Geez....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back